- David Backes tallies winner in overtime as Blues edge Stars to level series
- Sharks' Joel Ward continues to shine in Stanley Cup Playoffs
- T.J. Oshie tallies first playoff hat trick as Caps take Game 1
- Islanders coach Jack Capuano hit by errant puck to face
- Flyers forward Brayden Schenn banned for first three games of 2016-17 season
- Blues end Blackhawks' title defense in first round
- John Tavares carries Islanders to first playoff series win since 1993
- Evgeni Malkin delivers for Penguins in rout of Rangers
- Visit from Ed Snider's family inspires Flyers to Game 4 win
- Blackhawks player allegedly uses gay slur during pivotal loss to Blues
- Flyers announcer scolds fans for throwing wristbands onto ice
- Predators top Ducks for second straight road win in first-round playoff series
- Kings lose special-teams battle with Sharks in Game 1
- Senators fire head coach Dave Cameron, 2 assistant coaches
- Flyers founder Ed Snider dead at 83
- Bryan Murray steps down as Senators GM
- Rangers top Wings, who back into playoffs despite loss
- Oilers to play last game at Rexall Place against Canucks
- Rangers clinch sixth straight postseason berth with win over Blue Jackets
- Blues netminder Jake Allen injured in win over Avalanche
David Backes tallies winner in overtime as Blues edge Stars to level series
Sun, 01 May 2016 20:03:48 +0000
Dallas, TX, United States (NewsBahn) - Blues captain David Backes tallied via a rebound on a power play 10:58 into overtime and St. Louis toppled the Dallas Stars 4-3 in Game 2 Sunday to level the second-round series.
Antoine Roussel was penalized for interference giving the Blues their second power play of the extra session and they capitalized.
The Stars outshot St. Louis 13-2 and scored a pair of goals to force the extra session.
Robby Fabbri and Kevin Shattenkirk each had a pair of helpers for the Blues.
Blues goalie Brian Elliott racked up 31 saves in the conquest.
The series heads to St. Louis for Game 3 Tuesday and Game 4 Thursday before going back to Dallas for Game 5 on Saturday.