- Senators goaltender Andrew Hammond sidelined two weeks with groin injury
- Devils left wing Patrik Elias to begin season on injured reserve list
- Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser out 3-4 weeks
- Capitals forward Nicklas Backstrom starts practice, no return date set
- NHL still unsure on expansion, to hear pitches from Quebec and Las Vegas
- Oilers forward Jordan Eberle out 4-6 weeks due to shoulder injury
- Canadiens down Penguins in Quebec preseason game
- Flyers center Sean Couturier listed as day-to-day due to injury
- Avalanche forward Nathan MacKinnon aims for strong return this season
- Maple Leafs reassign Marner; release veterans Glencross, Setoguchi
- Blackhawks ink defenseman Brent Seabrook to eight-year extension
- Senators suspend prospect Mikael Wikstrand for leaving training camp
- Bruins' Zdeno Chara listed day-to-day with upper-body injury
- Lawyer for Patrick Kane's accuser withdraws from case
- Avalanche lock up defenseman Erik Johnson for seven years
- Canucks forward Chris Higgins suffers bone fracture in preseason game
- Lawyer: Evidence bag in Patrick Kane's case tampered with
- Top overall pick Connor McDavid impresses Oilers in scrimmage
- NHL veteran defenseman Ray Whitney retires due to ankle, feet woes
- Left wing Max Pacioretty voted new Canadiens captain
Senators goaltender Andrew Hammond sidelined two weeks with groin injury
Sat, 03 Oct 2015 01:47:12 +0000
Ottawa, ON, Canada (4E Sports) - The Ottawa Senators will miss the services of starting goaltender Andrew Hammond who will be sidelined for two weeks with a groin injury suffered Thursday.
"Andrew Hammond is out for two weeks. Probably at least two weeks with a groin problem. It's not a tear, it's a pull," Senators general manager Bryan Murray said.
As Hammond missed their preseason game Thursday, Craig Anderson took his place and the Senators recalled Matthew O'Connor from the American Hockey League to be the backup.
Hammond was recalled by Ottawa last February playing in 24 games and was 20-1-2 with a 1.79 goals-against average and .941 save percentage.
The 27-year-old was signed by the Senators to three-year, $4.05 million contract May.