- Goalkeeper Cam Talbot agrees to one-year extension with Rangers
- Martinez, Gaborik net power play goals as Kings subdue Coyotes
- Kings place Robyn Regehr on injured reserve due to hand injury
- Mike Hoffman shines as Senators rout Ducks
- Condition of Red Wings legend Gordie Howe improving
- Canadiens pay tribute to former captain Saku Koivu
- Blues place Jaden Schwartz on injured reserve due to broken foot
- Flames give multi-year extension to coach Bob Hartley
- NHL issues league-wide memo to curtail mumps outbreak
- Jets 'shut down' Jacob Trouba until February
- Domestic violence case against Kings' Slava Voynov to push through
- Dallas Eakins fired as Oilers head coach, Todd Nelson to transition into role
- Blackhawks acquire defenseman Tim Erixon for 'Jackets forward Jeremy Morin
- Joffrey Lupul lifts Maple Leafs past Kings in shootout
- Penguins forward Sidney Crosby diagnosed with mumps
- Jonathan Bernier shines as Maple Leafs rout Red Wings
- Bobby Ryan shines in shootout as Senators top Bruins
- Netminder Marc-Andre Fleury shines as Penguins down Flames
- Boston looks to host Winter Classic again, leads 2016 bid
- Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews fine after getting hit against Bruins
Goalkeeper Cam Talbot agrees to one-year extension with Rangers
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 01:17:46 +0000
Manhattan, NY, United States (4E Sports) - Backup goalkeeper Cam Talbot agreed to an extension with the New York Rangers which is reported to be a one-year, $1.45 million deal.
Talbot is in the final year of his existing contract and would have been an unrestricted free agent after the season.
NBC Sports reported that Talbot received a raise from the $562,500 annual salary he receives from his current contract.
Talbot has a 2.34 goals-against average, a .'1 save percentage and two shutouts in seven games this season (2-3-1).
He posted impressive numbers in his debut last season and had a 1.64 GAA with three shutouts.