- Lightning forward Steven Stamkos collects 500th point in win over Bruins
- John Tavares leads Islanders past Jets for first win
- Bruins wingers Brad Marchand suffers concussion vs. Canadiens
- Netminder Ben Bishop stops 24 shots as Lightning down Sabres
- Hurricanes' James Wisniewski to undergo surgery for torn ACL, out six months
- Ducks ink defenseman Simon Despres to five-year extension
- Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner leaves season opener with lower body injury
- Daniel Sedin's goal, pair of assists power Canucks in toppling Flames
- Habs forward Zack Kassian enters substance abuse program after car accident
- Sharks forward Raffi Torres receives 41-game suspension for another illegal check
- Maple Leafs pick Jonathan Bernier as starting goalie for first two games
- Oilers waive goaltender Ben Scrivens after two seasons
- Penguins part ways with veteran defenseman Sergei Gonchar
- Senators goaltender Andrew Hammond sidelined two weeks with groin injury
- Devils left wing Patrik Elias to begin season on injured reserve list
- Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser out 3-4 weeks
- Capitals forward Nicklas Backstrom starts practice, no return date set
- NHL still unsure on expansion, to hear pitches from Quebec and Las Vegas
- Oilers forward Jordan Eberle out 4-6 weeks due to shoulder injury
- Canadiens down Penguins in Quebec preseason game
Lightning forward Steven Stamkos collects 500th point in win over Bruins
Tue, 13 Oct 2015 15:29:25 +0000
Boston, MA, United States (4E Sports) - Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steven Stamkos scored a power-play goal in the second period of Monday's 6-3 win over the Boston Bruins for his 500th career-point.
"Yeah, it's special. I mean ... you really never know how much opportunity or how much longer you're going to be around in the League," Stamkos stated. "So to get 500 points, obviously [I'm] very fortunate."
The victory Monday was the third consecutive for the Lightning who are unbeaten at 3-0-0.
The Bruins were up 2-0 early but Tampa Bay staged a comeback that started with a goal from center Brian Boyle in the first period, his first of the game.
Tampa Bay scored its first power-play goal with left wing Ondrej Palat netting one also in the first to even the score.
Boyle handed his team the lead in the second period with his second goal. After the Bruins tied it at 3-3, Stamkos scored the goal for his 500th point.
Up 4-3, the Lightning scored two more goals in the third period from left wing Jonathan Drouin and center Valtteri Filppula to secure the win.