- Hockey Hall of Fame names 3 new members to Selection Committee
- Canadiens goalie Carey Price out six weeks due to lower-body injury
- Forbes: Rangers most valuable NHL team at $1.2 billion
- Oilers forward Nail Yakupov out 2-4 weeks due to ankle injury
- Canadiens rip Rangers behind pair from Devante Smith-Pelly
- NHL COO John Collins stepping down from post
- Canadiens' Brendan Gallagher out indefinitely after surgery on fractured fingers
- Justin Faulk nets 2 goals as Hurricanes edge Kings
- Jeff Petry nets pair, Carey Price stops 33 shots as Habs top Isles
- NHL to implement five-day 'bye week' next season
- NHL turns 2016 All-Star Game into 3-on-3 tournament for $1 million prize
- Kings ban goalie prospect Patrik Bartosak following alleged domestic vioence incodent
- Injury woes continue for Lightning with Ryan Callahan out
- Senators' netminder Andrew Hammond injured during practice
- Patrick Kane scores 13th goal as Blackhawks douse Flames
- Stars pay tribute to Paris by playing French national anthem before game
- Dan Boyle shines in shootout as Rangers notch 8th straight win
- Red Wings sign Justin Abdelkader to seven-year extension
- Canadiens' Carey Price out remainder of week with lower-body injury
- Lightning's Ondrej Palat out 3-5 weeks with lower-body injury
Hockey Hall of Fame names 3 new members to Selection Committee
Tue, 01 Dec 2015 20:16:41 +0000
Toronto, ON, Canada (4E Sports) - The Hockey Hall of Fame has appointed Ron Francis, Jari Kurri and Bob McKenzie as new members of the Selection Committee.
Francis, the general manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, was inducted into the Hall in 2007.
Kurri , a member of the Hall of Fame class of 2001, is general manager of Jokerit in the Kontinental Hockey League while McKenzie is a hockey analyst and writer for TSN .
"I am very pleased and honored to welcome Ron, Jari and Bob to the Selection Committee, as each of them bring a wealth of knowledge and experience that will complement the Committee's deliberations in recognition of excellence in the game of hockey," said Lanny McDonald, Chairman of the Board of the Hockey Hall of Fame.
The new members of the committee replace McDonald, Peter Stastny and Mike Emrick . McDonald resigned his spot on the committee to become chairman, while the terms of Stastny and Emrick expired.
The Hall has reappointed Eric Duhatschek , Michael Farber and Bill Torrey to the selection committee for an additional three-year term.
The selection committee will meet June 26-27, 2016 to consider candidates for the 2016 Hockey Hall of Fame induction class. The announcement of the new inductees will be made June 27.