- 'Jackets-Stars postponed after center Rich Peverley collapses
- Blue Jackets' Ryan Murray to miss rest of regular season
- Sabres to induct Dominik Hasek into team Hall of Fame
- Kings humble Oilers for seventh straight win
- Henrik Lundqvist notches 300th win as Rangers blank Red Wings
- Stars to retire Mike Modano's No. 9 jersey Saturday
- Joe Colborne scores twice as Flames rally to beat Islanders
- Ryan Smyth passes Wayne Gretzky in Oilers power play goals
- Goalie Jonathan Quick leads Kings past Jets
- Oilers deal forward Ales Hemsky to Senators
- Canadiens acquire Thomas Vanek from Islanders
- Canucks trade Roberto Luongo to Panthers
- Kings ship three players to Blue Jackets for Marian Gaborik
- Rangers ship Ryan Callahan, picks to Lightning for Martin St. Louis
- Canadiens acquire blueliner Mike Weaver from Panthers
- Oilers acquire goalie Viktor Fasth from Ducks
- Oilers ship goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov to Wild
- Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford's equipment stolen
- Canucks forward Daniel Sedin suffers leg injury
- Senators down Canucks in NHL Heritage Classic
'Jackets-Stars postponed after center Rich Peverley collapses
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:34:21 +0000
Dallas, TX, United States (NewsBahn) - The Columbus Blue Jackets-Dallas Stars game Monday was postponed after Stars center Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench immediately after he left the ice in the first period.
After having his heart rhythm restored by doctors, Peverley was hospitalized but has answered questions and is undergoing further tests.
"I was scared," Stars coach Lindy Ruff admitted in a press conference afterward. "My first emotion was we need somebody here real quick. When he dropped, it was red alert, don't worry about the game, don't worry about anything else; just turn around and scream for a doctor and that's all. It was just let's get him the help he needs, and they came and got him the help. For me, it was something I don't want to witness again."
The League released the following statement: "Dallas player Rich Peverley is doing well and is in stable condition. He has been transported to the hospital. As a result of the emotional state of the players on both teams caused by the medical emergency, the game is being postponed. We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank the fans."