- NHL hands Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2K fine for diving/embellishment
- Flames make final push for Stanley Cup Playoffs
- FBI, local police probe threats against Isles' Nick Leddy
- Canucks lock up Chris Tanev for 5 years at $22.25-M
- Ex-Capitals forward charged for trying to burn father's house
- Blood clot prevents Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis from returning this season
- Rangers offense explodes in victory over Ducks
- Kings bring back forward Mike Richards to strengthen playoff push
- Justin Abdelkader's power-play goal lifts Red Wings over Blues in OT
- Islanders' Jaroslav Halak returns to action to shut out Devils
- Radim Vrbata shines as Canucks crush Kings
- Justin Fontaine leads Wild past Blues
- Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist feels he's still on track for playoffs
- Ex-Canadiens coach slams P.K. Subban during legend's DWI arrest
- Leafs' Nazem Kadri suspended four games for head shot
- Penguins' Evgeni Malkin out 1-2 weeks with lower-body injury
- Rangers forward Martin St. Louis sidelined with lower-body injury
- NHL GMs to discuss OT format, expansion of video review
- Teemu Pulkkinen scores twice as Red Wings crush Penguins
- Rangers' blueliner Kevin Klein to miss 4-6 weeks after shot block to hand
NHL hands Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2K fine for diving/embellishment
Sat, 28 Mar 2015 00:17:33 +0000
New York, NY, United States (4E Sports) - Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson is the ninth player this season to be sanctioned for diving/embellishment after the NHL announced Friday that he will be fined $2000.
Wilson was fined receiving his second citation in a 3-2 win over the Minnesota Wild Thursday.
He was shoved in the second period by Wild forward Zach Parise who received a two-minute minor for roughing.
The 20-year-old was handed his first citation on March 1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Wilson was fined under NHL Rule 64 which was revised for the season and approved during the offseason to penalize payers (teams) that dive/embellish to draw penalties.
The National Hockey League Hockey Operations Department assess all penalties for diving or embellishments even the ones not called in games.
A citation is handed if deemed necessary by Hockey Operations after their deliberation.