- AHL squads Heat, Condors to play in outdoor game in Sacramento
- Kings forward Milan Lucic expresses desire to play for Canucks in future
- Senators forward Mark Stone's fractured right wrist already healed
- Legendary Islanders coach Al Arbour dead at 82
- Blues forward Patrik Berglund out four months due to shoulder injury
- Hurricanes sign Elias Lindholm to two-year extension at $5.4M
- Canes' Eric Staal ready to begin training camp sans contract extension
- Flames sign defenseman Mark Giordano to six-year contract
- Steve Spott named Sharks assistant, reunites with head coach Peter DeBoer
- Kings sign defenseman Christian Ehrhoff to one year pact
- Center Shawn Matthias excited to play for hometown Leafs, Mike Babcock
- Ex-Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson to rejoin team in front office role
- Wild assistant coach Darryl Sydor arrested for DUI while with son
- Jets captain Andrew Ladd says team eager to go deeper in playoffs
- Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh heals from foot injury, skating at full strength
- Senators' Andrew Hammond designs mask to honors young EB patient
- Flames unveil plans for $890M sports complex
- Veteran NHL forward Daniel Briere retires after 17 year career
- Aging Coyotes captain Shane Doan hopes to play beyond next season
- Left wing Carl Hagelin inked by Ducks to four-year pact
AHL squads Heat, Condors to play in outdoor game in Sacramento
Wed, 02 Sep 2015 19:50:19 +0000
Sacramento, CA, United States (4E Sports) - As part of the Golden State Hockey Rush, the Stockton Heat and Bakersfield Condors of the American Hockey League will collide in an outdoor game Dec. 18 at Raley Field in Sacramento, California
The Golden State Hockey Rush is an outdoor event held at Raley Field from Nov. 20 to Jan. 3, 2016.
"This event will be a special showcase for our Pacific Division in its inaugural season," AHL president David Andrews said.
"We look forward to this celebration of hockey outdoors and to sharing the experience with the terrific hockey fans in Northern California," he added.
The Heat is the AHL affiliate of the Calgary Flames and the Condors are the Edmonton Oilers' AHL affiliate.
The Heat and the Condors are two of five new California-based teams joining the Pacific Division of the AHL this season.
The NHL has played outdoor games in California twice. The first happened last Jan. 25, 2014 when the Anaheim Ducks defeated the Los Angeles Kings, 3-0, at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles.
Last Feb. 21, 2015, the Kings defeated the San Jose Sharks, 2-1, at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.