- Sabres lock up forward Ryan O'Reilly with seven-year extension
- Brandon Saad signs six-year, $36M deal with Blue Jackets
- Wild re-sign goaltender Dubnyk to six-year deal
- Three executives fired by Canucks in plans to build contending team
- Ducks hire ex-Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis as consultant
- Blues trade Oshie to Caps in hopes of improving playoff fortunes
- Winger Justin Williams to provide veteran help to Capitals
- Forward Martin St. Louis retires after 16 years in NHL
- Bruins offense get much needed boost with acquisitions of Beleskey and Hayes
- Penguins acquire Phil Kessel in 7-player trade with Leafs
- Blue Jackets acquire Brandon Saad in trade with Blackhawks
- Oilers ink Andrej Sekera, Mark Letestu to fresh deals
- Flames sign forward Michael Frolik to 5-year contract
- Re-signing with Jets 'easy decision' according to forward Drew Stafford
- Penguins sign defenseman Ian Cole to three-year pact
- Islanders make NHL history drafting Chinese standout Andong Song
- Kings place Richards on waivers, to buy out contract
- Flyers acquire center Sam Gagner from Coyotes
- Bruins deal Lucic to Kings for two players, draft pick
- Rangers ship netminder Cam Talbot to Oilers for draft picks
Sabres lock up forward Ryan O'Reilly with seven-year extension
Mon, 06 Jul 2015 01:53:28 +0000
Buffalo, NY, United States (4E Sports) - The Buffalo Sabres signed forward Ryan O'Reilly to a seven-year contract extension reportedly for $52.5 million, Friday.
The 24-year-old O'Reilly had one year remaining on his contract when he was traded from the Colorado Avalanche.
O'Reilly had 17 goals and 55 points in 82 games last season for the Avalanche. In six seasons, he totaled 90 goals and 246 points in 427 games.
Sabres GM Tim Murray said it's not easy to find a player like O'Reilly who, at his age, plays a complete game and makes his teammates better.
Murray added that while O'Reilly could immediately improve their roster he is still young enough to make an impact for several years.