- Kucherov's powerplay goals help Lightning crush Habs
- Canadiens' P.K. Subban more focused on winning Stanley Cup
- Lightning center Steven Stamkos continues goal drought in series against Habs
- Henrik Lundqvist shines as Rangers take Game 2, tie series
- Lightning shatters Habs with Nikita Kucherov's 2OT goal
- Lightning center Brian Boyle praised for versatility, leadership
- Rangers to adjust in Game 2 after last second loss to Caps in series opener
- Corey Perry tallies two goals, two assists as Ducks clobber Flames
- Braydon Coburn tally lifts Lightning past Red Wings in Game 7
- Canadiens admit concealing extent of Nathan Beaulieu's injury
- Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7
- Dolphins defensive end Dion Jordan suspended for entire 2015 season
- Russia announces roster for 2015 IIHF World Championship
- Finalists for James Norris Memorial Trophy announced by NHL
- Hockey Hall of Famer Marcel Pronovost dead at 84
- Penguins center Sidney Crosby to play for Canada at World Championship
- Carey Price stops 43 shots as Habs oust Senators
- Wild oust Blues in Game 6, advance against Blackhawks
- Matt Stajan's tiebreaker lift Flames past Canucks, into second round
- Nikolay Kulemin scores tie-breaker as Isles blast Caps, force game 7
Kucherov's powerplay goals help Lightning crush Habs
Mon, 04 May 2015 10:17:20 +0000
Montreal, Canada (4E Sports) - Nikita Kucherov scored twice on power plays as the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Montreal Canadiens , 6-2 Sunday night at Bell Centre to take a 2-0 lead in their Eastern semifinal series.
The Lightining went 4 for 7 on power plays as the Canadiens were 0 for 3.
Ben Bishop made 27 saves for the Lightning.
Kucherov redirected Tyler Johnson's pass inside the post 6:37 into the third to make it 5-1 before Tom Gilbert scored from the point at 11:06 to cut the C anadiens ' deficit to 5-2. J.T. Brown added a goal at 16:05 for the final tally.
Johnson slipped a pass to Kucherov for a goal at 12:29 and Victor Hedman finished a power play at 19:46 for a 4-1 Lighting lead.
Steven Stamkos put the Lightning up 2-1 on a breakaway goal 8:06 into the second.
Valtteri Filppula tied at 1-all on a shot from the right circle with 24 seconds left in the first.
Jeff Petry took a pass from Torrey Mitchell to beat Bishop with a wrist shot at 7:20 of the opening period to give the Canadiens a 1-0 lead.
Carey Price finished with 18 saves for the Canadiens .
Game 3 is Wednesday at Tampa Bay.