- Kings forward Dwight King out 8-10 weeks after foot surgery
- Lightning forward Steven Stamkos collects 500th point in win over Bruins
- John Tavares leads Islanders past Jets for first win
- Bruins wingers Brad Marchand suffers concussion vs. Canadiens
- Netminder Ben Bishop stops 24 shots as Lightning down Sabres
- Hurricanes' James Wisniewski to undergo surgery for torn ACL, out six months
- Ducks ink defenseman Simon Despres to five-year extension
- Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner leaves season opener with lower body injury
- Daniel Sedin's goal, pair of assists power Canucks in toppling Flames
- Habs forward Zack Kassian enters substance abuse program after car accident
- Sharks forward Raffi Torres receives 41-game suspension for another illegal check
- Maple Leafs pick Jonathan Bernier as starting goalie for first two games
- Oilers waive goaltender Ben Scrivens after two seasons
- Penguins part ways with veteran defenseman Sergei Gonchar
- Senators goaltender Andrew Hammond sidelined two weeks with groin injury
- Devils left wing Patrik Elias to begin season on injured reserve list
- Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser out 3-4 weeks
- Capitals forward Nicklas Backstrom starts practice, no return date set
- NHL still unsure on expansion, to hear pitches from Quebec and Las Vegas
- Oilers forward Jordan Eberle out 4-6 weeks due to shoulder injury
Kings forward Dwight King out 8-10 weeks after foot surgery
Tue, 13 Oct 2015 20:17:23 +0000
Los Angeles, CA, United States (4E Sports) - The Los Angeles Kings announced that forward Dwight King will miss 8-10 weeks after undergoing surgery on his broken foot.
King sustained the injury after blocking a shot in a preseason game against the Colorado Avalanche.
King had 13 goals and 26 points in 81 games last season.
He is a veteran of the Kings' 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup championship teams.