Heads Up - Blogs
Heads Up - Darren Dobber
May 13, 2013
When the Norris Trophy nominees were revealed last week, three first time finalists had made the cut...
Heads Up - Rink Stink
- Predators ink defenseman Victor Bartley to three-year pact
- Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa expected to play in Game 4
- Tuukka Rask's shutout lifts Bruins over Blackhawks in Game 3
- Flyers ink defenseman Mark Streit to four-year deal
- Phoenix Coyotes could call Seattle their next home
- NHL's Brendan Shanahan, Flames president Ken King meet
- Daniel Paille's overtime goal lifts Bruins over 'Hawks; knots series
- Alex Ovechkin bags NHL MVP trophy; P.K. Subban best defenseman
- Rangers to hire ex-Canucks mentor Alain Vigneault as head coach
- Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews named NHL's top defensive forward
- Bruins' forward Nathan Horton listed 'day-to-day' with shoulder injury
- Penguins sign Evgeni Malkin to eight-year extension
- Islanders ship defenseman Mark Streit to Flyers
- Andrew Shaw nets winner as Blackhawks take opener over Bruins
- Rangers to interview Alain Vigneault for coaching post
- Penguins sign coach Dan Bylsma to two-year extension
- Stars eyeing John Tortorella as head coach
- Sabres allow Rangers to interview ex-coach Lindy Ruff
- Maple Leafs to name Dallas Eakins as head coach
- Oilers said to be tapping Dallas Eakins as new head coach
Predators ink defenseman Victor Bartley to three-year pact
Wed, 19 Jun 2013 16:33:56 +0000
Nashville, TN, United States (4E Sports) - The Nashville Predators have signed defenseman Victor Bartley to a three-year, $2 million contract.
The 25-year-old Bartley will earn $600,000 in both 2013-14 and 2014-15, and $800,000 in 2015-16.
Bartley appeared in his first 24 career NHL contests down the stretch for Nashville in 2012-13, recording seven assists.
He ranked fourth on the Predators in average ice time (19:32) and led Nashville defensemen in plus/minus (plus-2).
Bartley started the 2012-13 campaign with Milwaukee Admirals, ranking among the AHL's top 20 defensemen in points with 26 (seven goals and 19 assists) in 54 games. He also represented the club at the 2013 AHL All-Star Classic.
With the Predators, Bartley played with Kevin Klein on the second defense pair and jumped Jonathon Blum and Ryan Ellis on the defenseman depth chart to move into Nashville's top-four.
Undrafted, Bartley spent several years toiling in the AHL, ECHL and the Allsvenskan in Sweden before making his debut March 8 against Edmonton.
Recently, the Predators handed a seven year deal, $28 million deal to Roman Josi, who has just 100 games of NHL experience and has yet to play a full NHL year.