- Canadiens rip Rangers behind pair from Devante Smith-Pelly
- NHL COO John Collins stepping down from post
- Canadiens' Brendan Gallagher out indefinitely after surgery on fractured fingers
- Justin Faulk nets 2 goals as Hurricanes edge Kings
- Jeff Petry nets pair, Carey Price stops 33 shots as Habs top Isles
- NHL to implement five-day 'bye week' next season
- NHL turns 2016 All-Star Game into 3-on-3 tournament for $1 million prize
- Kings ban goalie prospect Patrik Bartosak following alleged domestic vioence incodent
- Injury woes continue for Lightning with Ryan Callahan out
- Senators' netminder Andrew Hammond injured during practice
- Patrick Kane scores 13th goal as Blackhawks douse Flames
- Stars pay tribute to Paris by playing French national anthem before game
- Dan Boyle shines in shootout as Rangers notch 8th straight win
- Red Wings sign Justin Abdelkader to seven-year extension
- Canadiens' Carey Price out remainder of week with lower-body injury
- Lightning's Ondrej Palat out 3-5 weeks with lower-body injury
- Rasmus Ristolainen scores twice as Sabres down Canucks
- Blues activate Kevin Shattenkirk from IR, ink Marvin Havlat
- Mike Babcock to coach Canada in 2016 World Cup of Hockey
- Blackhawks star Patrick Kane won't face rape charges
Canadiens rip Rangers behind pair from Devante Smith-Pelly
Thu, 26 Nov 2015 15:26:53 +0000
NY, NY, United States (NewsBahn) - Devante Smith-Pelly netted a pair of goals and Tomas Plekanec added three assists as the Montreal Canadiens blasted the New York Rangers 5-1 Wednesday night.
The Habs overcame the loss of goalie Carey Price, who left after two periods reportedly due to a reoccurence of a lower body injury.
He was replaced by Mike Condon, who collected 11 saves in a relief effort.
Sven Andrighetto , Alex Galchenyuk and Max Pacioretty also scored for the Canadiens in a matchup of two of the top teams in the league coming in.
Henrik Lundqvist stopped just 19 of 24 shots before being pulled for the Rangers, who got their lone goal from Rick Nash.