- Wild dismiss coach Mike Yeo, name John Torchetti interim replacement.
- Anze Kopitar's hat trick lifts Kings over Rangers
- Hurricanes to celebrate 2006 Stanley Cup championship
- Lightning blueliner Jason Garrison out 3-5 weeks due to lower-body injury
- Maple Leafs trade Dion Phaneuf to Senators in 9-player deal
- Henrik Lundqvist stops 27 of 28 shots as Rangers edge Devils
- Rangers coach knocks NHL's failure to suspend Flyers' Wayne Simmonds
- Blueliner Matt Niskanen shines as Capitals edge Flyers
- Stars' Jason Spezza week-to-week due to upper-body injury
- Struggling Canadiens look for second-half playoff push
- NHL All-Star MVP John Scott's wife gives birth to twin girls
- Penguins to play road trip without forwards Evgeni Malkin, Eric Fehr
- Flames defenseman Dennis Wideman banned 20 games for hit on ref Don Henderson
- Maple Leafs unveil new logo for centennial season
- Oilers young star Connor McDavid returns from injury to take on Blue Jackets
- NHL commissioner Gary Bettman to stay in post through 2022
- John Scott nets pair as Team Pacfic tops Team Central
- Ailing Alex Ovechkin, Jonathan Toews pull out of NHL All-Star Game
- Capitals out to eclipse Red Wings' best single-season performance
- Center Aleksander Barkov, Panthers agree to 6-year extension
Wild dismiss coach Mike Yeo, name John Torchetti interim replacement.
Sun, 14 Feb 2016 14:55:28 +0000
Minneapolis, MN, United States (NewsBahn) - The Minnesota Wild dismissed coach Mike Yeo and named John Torchetti interim replacement according to reports late Saturday.
The Wild are 0-5-3 in the past eight home games for the longest winless stretch at Xcel Energy Center since 2001, likely costing Yeo his job.
Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher previously told reporters Yeo wouldn't be fired.
"I knew what he said the other day, and I'm a realist," Yeo said to the media regarding Fletcher's comments. "You can't lose every game and expect to think that there's not going to be changes. I'm operating under the assumption that I'm going to be the coach tomorrow, and I know what I'm going to do, and it's going to be something different from what we've done."
The status of assistants Rick Wilson, Darryl Sydor , Darby Hendrickson and Andrew Brunette along with Bob Mason, goaltending coach, is uncertain.