- Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford out 3 weeks with groin injury
- NHL bans Leafs' Dion Phaneuf two games for boarding
- NHL suspends Penguins forward James Neal 5 games for kneeing
- Flyers place Vincent Lecavalier on IR, recall Tye McGinn
- Patrice Bergeron leads Bruins over Maple Leafs
- Rangers' Marc Staal may have suffered concussion vs. Devils
- Maple Leafs edge Senators in shootout
- Tyler Seguin's hat trick lifts Stars over Flyers
- Bruins' Johnny Boychuk leaves on stretcher against Canadiens
- NHL to pay hockey great Wayne Gretzky
- David Desharnais nets game-winner as Canadiens down Devils
- Rangers sign netminder Henrik Lundqvist to seven-year extension
- Oilers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov suffers upper-body injury
- Drew Miller nets two goals as Red Wings down Senators
- Ryan Kesler nets two goals as Canucks edge Hurricanes
- Chris Kreider's hat trick lifts Rangers past Canucks
- Ducks nearly triple center Nick Bonino's salary, extend center 3-years
- Zdeno Chara lifts Bruins past Rangers
- Steve Mason stops 25 shots as Flyers down Jets
- Scott Hartnell's quick goal gives Flyers 1-0 lead over Jets
Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford out 3 weeks with groin injury
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:38:50 +0000
Chicago, IL, United States (NewsBahn) - Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford will be out 3 weeks with a groin injury the team reported Tuesday morning.
Antti Raanta is expected to get the start between the pipes Tuesday when the 'Hawks take on the Dallas Stars.
Raanta is 3-0-1 with a 2.16 goals-against average and a .922 save percentage for one of the top teams in the NHL.
Kent Simpson, called up from Rockford, IL., will back up Raanta as regular No. 2 goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin is also sidelined with a leg injury.