- Devils captain/defenseman Bryce Salvador retires
- AHL squads Heat, Condors to play in outdoor game in Sacramento
- Kings forward Milan Lucic expresses desire to play for Canucks in future
- Senators forward Mark Stone's fractured right wrist already healed
- Legendary Islanders coach Al Arbour dead at 82
- Blues forward Patrik Berglund out four months due to shoulder injury
- Hurricanes sign Elias Lindholm to two-year extension at $5.4M
- Canes' Eric Staal ready to begin training camp sans contract extension
- Flames sign defenseman Mark Giordano to six-year contract
- Steve Spott named Sharks assistant, reunites with head coach Peter DeBoer
- Kings sign defenseman Christian Ehrhoff to one year pact
- Center Shawn Matthias excited to play for hometown Leafs, Mike Babcock
- Ex-Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson to rejoin team in front office role
- Wild assistant coach Darryl Sydor arrested for DUI while with son
- Jets captain Andrew Ladd says team eager to go deeper in playoffs
- Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh heals from foot injury, skating at full strength
- Senators' Andrew Hammond designs mask to honors young EB patient
- Flames unveil plans for $890M sports complex
- Veteran NHL forward Daniel Briere retires after 17 year career
- Aging Coyotes captain Shane Doan hopes to play beyond next season
Devils captain/defenseman Bryce Salvador retires
Thu, 03 Sep 2015 09:15:14 +0000
Newark, NJ, United States (4E Sports) - New Jersey Devils defenseman Bryce Salvador announced his retirement Wednesday after 13 seasons in the NHL .
He missed the final 67 games of last season with a bulging disc and nerve damage in his lower back.
The 39-year-old Salvador served as Devils captain since 2013.
A sixth-round pick (No. 138) by the Tampa Bay Lightning in 19", Salvador made his NHL debut with the St. Louis Blues in 2000.
He had 24 goals and 86 assists in 786 NHL games with the Devils and Blues.
Salvador missed the entire 2010-11 season due to injury and returned in 2011-12 to help the Devils reach the Stanley Cup Final with four goals and 14 points in 24 playoff games.