- NHL bans Leafs' Dion Phaneuf two games for boarding
- NHL suspends Penguins forward James Neal 5 games for kneeing
- Flyers place Vincent Lecavalier on IR, recall Tye McGinn
- Patrice Bergeron leads Bruins over Maple Leafs
- Rangers' Marc Staal may have suffered concussion vs. Devils
- Maple Leafs edge Senators in shootout
- Tyler Seguin's hat trick lifts Stars over Flyers
- Bruins' Johnny Boychuk leaves on stretcher against Canadiens
- NHL to pay hockey great Wayne Gretzky
- David Desharnais nets game-winner as Canadiens down Devils
- Rangers sign netminder Henrik Lundqvist to seven-year extension
- Oilers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov suffers upper-body injury
- Drew Miller nets two goals as Red Wings down Senators
- Ryan Kesler nets two goals as Canucks edge Hurricanes
- Chris Kreider's hat trick lifts Rangers past Canucks
- Ducks nearly triple center Nick Bonino's salary, extend center 3-years
- Zdeno Chara lifts Bruins past Rangers
- Steve Mason stops 25 shots as Flyers down Jets
- Scott Hartnell's quick goal gives Flyers 1-0 lead over Jets
- Daniel Sedin scores 300th career goal as Canucks prevail
NHL bans Leafs' Dion Phaneuf two games for boarding
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 15:35:42 +0000
New York, NY, United States (4E Sports) - The NHL has suspended Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf two games without pay for boarding Boston Bruins counterpart Kevan Miller during their encounter Sunday.
According to the NHL's Department of Player Safety, the incident occurred at 17:43 of the third period. No penalty was assessed to Phaneuf on the play.
Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and based on his average annual salary, Phaneuf will forfeit $66,666.66 during the suspension. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
Phaneuf will miss the Maple Leafs' games against the Los Angeles Kings and the St. Louis Blues.