- Canucks pay tribute to former coach Pat Quinn
- Islanders topple Flyers to continue strong start to season
- Legendary ex-NHL coach Pat Quinn, 71, loses battle to longtime illness
- Ducks defenseman Clayton Stoner sits out against Coyotes due to mumps symptoms
- Rangers use balanced attack to rout Canadiens
- Ryan Reaves' go-ahead goal propel Blues past Jets
- Heroics by Hudler, Glencross bail out Flames against Devils
- Penguins' Dupuis out six months due to blood clot in lung
- Los Angeles DA files corporal injury case vs Kings defenseman Slava Voynov
- Blue Jackets blueliner Jack Johnson files for bankruptcy, blames parents for woes
- NHL general managers drop dry scrape of ice surface
- Pat Burns remembered in NHL Hall of Fame induction
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman squashes expansion voting speculation
- Rangers defenseman Dan Boyle back in action as injured hand heals
- Blackhawks defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk sidelined indefinitely with leg injury
- P.K. Subban, Brendan Gallagher lift Canadiens past Red Wings
- Marco Scandella's overtime goal lifts Wild over Jets
- Gordie Howe's health continues to falter after second stroke
- Jackets bolster defense with Jordan Leopold after Fedor Tyutin injury
- Tuukka Rask stops 33 shots as Bruins edge Hurricanes
Canucks pay tribute to former coach Pat Quinn
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:01:11 +0000
Vancouver, BC, Canada (4E Sports) - Before taking on the New Jersey Devils Tuesday, the Vancouver Canucks paid tribute to former president, general manager and head coach Pat Quinn, who passed away Monday at 71 after a lengthy bout with illness.
Quinn, who coached the team from 1990-96, led the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Final in 19".
The team had a moment of silence followed by the quintessential tribute to the gregarious Irishman -- a rendition of "Danny Boy" as images of Quinn illuminated the ice. A roaring ovation followed from the fans.
The Canucks wore "PQ" decals on their jerseys in his honor during the game as well. The team also set up a multimedia page that allowed fans to submit their text, audio and video tributes to Quinn.