- Flames head coach Bob Hartley fined $50,000 by NHL
- Tyler Johnson scores twice as Lightning strike down Red Wings
- Kings center Jarret Stoll arrested for drug possession
- Newly-signed goalie Jon Gillies ready to help Flames in playoffs
- Rookie defenseman John Klingberg inks seven-year extension with Stars
- Flyers fire head coach Craig Berube after two seasons
- Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford to start Game 2 against Predators
- Forward Mathieu Perreault game-time decision for Jets with lower body injury
- Senators' Stone claims Habs' Subban intentionally hurt him in playoff opener
- Brock Nelson nets pair as Isles top Caps in playoff opener
- Bruins dismiss GM Peter Chiarelli after missing playoffs
- Isles defenseman Travis Hamonic likely to miss opener vs. Caps with undisclosed injury
- Canadiens' Max Pacioretty practices for first time since injury
- Blackhawks' Patrick Kane might return against Predators in Game 1
- Sabres GM Tim Murray fires head coach Ted Nolan after 23-win season
- Maple Leafs fire GM Dave Nonis, interim coach Peter Horachek
- Lee Stempniak leads Jets in rout of Flames
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck recalled by Jets from AHL
- Canucks extend Dorsett, Sbisa to multi-year deals
- Jiri Hudler scores twice as Flames expel Kings from playoffs
Flames head coach Bob Hartley fined $50,000 by NHL
Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:43:30 +0000
New York, NY, United States (4E Sports) - The NHL issued a hefty $50,000 fine on Calgary Flames head coach Bob Hartley for his responsibility in a brawl that took place in Game 2 of their first-round series against the Vancouver Canucks.
The scuffle erupted with 1:17 remaining in the third period of their game Friday.
According to NHL.com, Hartley was fined in accordance with By-Law 17.3 (a) for conduct prejudicial to or against the welfare of the League.
The NHL also announced that the game misconduct penalty handed to Flames defenseman Deryk Engelland for instigating a fight in the final minute of the game has been void.
In total, 132 penalty minutes were issued because of the incident.
This was not the first time Hartley was fined for a scuffle, in the 2013-2014 season he was fined $25,000 for what the league called a "premeditated fight."