- Brandon Saad signs six-year, $36M deal with Blue Jackets
- Wild re-sign goaltender Dubnyk to six-year deal
- Three executives fired by Canucks in plans to build contending team
- Ducks hire ex-Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis as consultant
- Blues trade Oshie to Caps in hopes of improving playoff fortunes
- Winger Justin Williams to provide veteran help to Capitals
- Forward Martin St. Louis retires after 16 years in NHL
- Bruins offense get much needed boost with acquisitions of Beleskey and Hayes
- Penguins acquire Phil Kessel in 7-player trade with Leafs
- Blue Jackets acquire Brandon Saad in trade with Blackhawks
- Oilers ink Andrej Sekera, Mark Letestu to fresh deals
- Flames sign forward Michael Frolik to 5-year contract
- Re-signing with Jets 'easy decision' according to forward Drew Stafford
- Penguins sign defenseman Ian Cole to three-year pact
- Islanders make NHL history drafting Chinese standout Andong Song
- Kings place Richards on waivers, to buy out contract
- Flyers acquire center Sam Gagner from Coyotes
- Bruins deal Lucic to Kings for two players, draft pick
- Rangers ship netminder Cam Talbot to Oilers for draft picks
- Center Connor McDavid selected by Oilers as No. 1 pick in NHL Draft
Brandon Saad signs six-year, $36M deal with Blue Jackets
Sun, 05 Jul 2015 19:39:37 +0000
Columbus, OH, United States (4E Sports) - Brandon Saad inked a six-year contract reportedly worth $36 million with the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Saad was traded along with defenseman Michael Paliotta and center Alex Broadhurst to the Blue Jackets after helping the Blackhawks win a second Stanley Cup in three seasons.
In turn, the Blue Jackets sent forwards Artem Anisimov , Marko Dano , Corey Tropp and Jeremy Morin, and a fourth-round pick in 2016 to the Blackhawks.
Saad had 52 goals and 74 assists with 44 penalty minutes and a plus-44 rating in 208 NHL games. He had 15 goals and 19 assists in 67 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said he envisions Saad playing on a line with all-star center Ryan Johansen , although that will be up to coach Todd Richards.
Saad's experiences in deep playoff runs and in winning two Stanley Cups can provide the needed boost to the Blue Jackets, who missed two of the past three postseasons .