- Forward Dana Tyrell inks one-year deal with 'Jackets
- Tomas Tatar agrees to three-year deal with Red Wings
- Forward Antoine Roussel inks four-year deal with Stars
- Sabres sign forward Luke Adam to one-year, two-way deal
- Rangers sign center Derick Brassard to five-year deal
- P.K. Subban wants to stay with Canadiens for the rest of career
- Flames expect netminder Jonas Hiller to recover quickly
- Reimer stays with Maple Leafs after signing two-year deal
- First-round pick Sam Bennett signs three-year deal with Flames
- Canadiens, Lars Eller agree on four-year pact
- Bruins hire Joe Sacco as assistant coach
- Leafs' hiring of Kyle Dubas as asst GM signals shift to analytics
- Center Ryan O'Reilly agrees to two-year pact with Avalanche
- Wild's Thomas Vanek questioned in gambling case
- Canucks' Jordan Subban hopes to break out of brothers' shadows
- First-round pick Nikita Scherbak signs three-year deal with Canadiens
- Free agent goaltender Martin Brodeur to wait for 'right fit'
- Maria Kirilenko, Alex Ovechkin call off engagement
- Cody Franson avoids arbitration, inks one-year pact with Maple Leafs
- New arena for Red Wings planned for 2017
Forward Dana Tyrell inks one-year deal with 'Jackets
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:49:10 +0000
Columbus, OH, United States (4E Sports) - The Columbus Blue Jackets re-signed forward Dana Tyrell to one-year, two-way deal. No financial information was released with accordance to the team's policy.
Tyrell played for two teams during the 2013-2014 season in the American Hockey League.
He split his season with the Springfield Falcons and Syracuse Crunch.
In his AHL stint, he had 9 goals,12 assists, and 21 points for the Falcons and 6 goals, 6 assists, and 12 points for the Crunch.
Tyrell scored a total of 15 goals and 33 points in his stay in the AHL.
He also suited up for the Tampa Bay Lightning, playing seven games last season.
The Blue Jackets acquired Tyrell as a part of a four-player trade with the Lightning last March 2014.
Forwards Dalton Smith and Jonathan Marchessault were sent to Tampa Bay in exchange for Tyrell and defenseman Matt Taormina.
Tyrell was picked in the second-round (No.47) of the Lightning in the 2007 NHL Draft.