- Oilers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov suffers upper-body injury
- Drew Miller nets two goals as Red Wings down Senators
- Ryan Kesler nets two goals as Canucks edge Hurricanes
- Chris Kreider's hat trick lifts Rangers past Canucks
- Ducks nearly triple center Nick Bonino's salary, extend center 3-years
- Zdeno Chara lifts Bruins past Rangers
- Steve Mason stops 25 shots as Flyers down Jets
- Scott Hartnell's quick goal gives Flyers 1-0 lead over Jets
- Daniel Sedin scores 300th career goal as Canucks prevail
- Wings give Ericsson 6-year, $25.5M deal
- Canadiens top Sabres for fourth straight win
- NHL, Rogers Communications reach landmark broadcast deal
- Forbes: Maple Leafs most valuable NHL franchise
- Staal, Ward lift Hurricanes over Senators
- Daniel Alfredsson, Johan Franzen shine as Red Wings down Sabres
- Max Pacioretty nets two goals as Canadiens edge Penguins
- David Krejci lifts Bruins past Hurricanes in overtime
- Blackhawks loses Bryan Bickell to injury as Marian Hossa returns
- Flames acquire Lane MacDermid from Stars
- Craig Smith nets two goals as Predators down Maple Leafs
Oilers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov suffers upper-body injury
Mon, 02 Dec 2013 15:10:50 +0000
Edmonton, AB, Canada (4E Sports) - Edmonton Oilers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov sustained an upper-body injury in the second period of their 3-2 shootout win over the Dallas Stars Sunday.
Bryzgalov was pulled out late in the second period after he collided with Stars forward Ryan Garbutt. He was replaced by Devan Dubnyk.
Bryzgalov, who was starting his third straight game in net for the Oilers, stopped 28 of 29 shots in 36:19. The lone goal was scored by Garbutt, a shorthanded goal, at 11:37 of the second period.
After colliding with Garbutt, Bryzgalov held his head while being attended to by the Oilers' medical staff.
"He's got an upper-body injury that we're going to have to reassess in the morning. I've been upfront with you guys (the media)," Oilers coach Dallas Eakins said.
"I'm not being upfront now. I've got to keep this under wraps until we check him out a little further," Eakins added.
Bryzgalov entered Sunday with a 2.24 goals-against average and .928 save percentage in three appearances.