- Jerome Verrier scores twice to power Remparts over Oceanic in Memorial Cup
- Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh misses practice before Game 7 clash against Lightning
- Ex-Pens mentor Dan Bylsma named Sabres coach
- Senators' GM Bryan Murray to leave job after 2015-16
- Blackhawks bury Ducks with Shaw's late goals to force Game 7
- Sharks expected to announce Peter DeBoer as coach
- Derick Brassard hat trick powers Rangers in crushing Lightning
- Blues sign coach Ken Hitchcock to one-year pact
- Ducks inch closer to Finals with Game 5 OT win over Blackhawks
- Maple Leafs ink forward Sam Carrick to one-year extension
- Devils hoping to interview ex-Pens mentor Dan Bylsma for coach post
- Blackhawks' Antoine Vermette nets 2OT goal to beat Ducks
- Rangers' Martin St. Louis hopes first playoff goal against Lightning snaps slump
- Henrik Lundqvist's 38 saves power Rangers in crushing Lightning
- Ex-coach Mike Babcock says he left Red Wings to seek new challenges
- Frederik Andersen's 27 saves propel Ducks over Blackhawks
- Senators owner Eugene Melynk recovering after liver transplant
- Nikita Kucherov's overtime goal lifts Lightning over Rangers
- Senators give netminder Andrew Hammond three-year extension
- Maple Leafs sign coach Mike Babcock to eight-year, $50M deal
Jerome Verrier scores twice to power Remparts over Oceanic in Memorial Cup
Fri, 29 May 2015 23:59:16 +0000
Quebec City, QC, Canada (4E Sports) - Jerome Verrier's two goals powered the Quebec Remparts in crushing the Rimouski Oceanic, 5-2 Thursday at Pepsi Colisee in the tiebreaker game.
Zachary Fucale made 30 saves for the Remparts in the Memorial Cup tilt.
With the score at 2-all, Adam Erne's tip in into an empty net at 16:54 of the second gave the Remparts a 3-2 lead. Then with 40.3 seconds remaining in the second Verrier tipped Massimo Carozza's pass out of the left corner to extend the Remparts lead to 4-2.
After a save by Oceanic goalie Philippe Desrosiers , Marc-Olivier Roy tapped the puck between his feet into the net after to make it 5-2 at 11:31 of the third.
Verrier's power-play goal at 17:19 of the first put the Remparts up 1-0.
Samuel Morin tied the game with a slap shot from the right circle for a power-play goal at 2:32 of the second.
Anthony Duclair's snap shot gave the Remparts a 2-1 lead at 3:58 of the second before Jeremy Lepine scored off a turnover by the Remparts to tie the game 2-2 at 16:07 of the second.
Desrosiers finished with 26 saves.
The Remparts play the Western Hockey League champion Kelowna Rockets in the semifinals Friday. The winner of that game will play the Oshawa Generals in the championship game Sunday.