- Kings place Robyn Regehr on injured reserve due to hand injury
- Mike Hoffman shines as Senators rout Ducks
- Condition of Red Wings legend Gordie Howe improving
- Canadiens pay tribute to former captain Saku Koivu
- Blues place Jaden Schwartz on injured reserve due to broken foot
- Flames give multi-year extension to coach Bob Hartley
- NHL issues league-wide memo to curtail mumps outbreak
- Jets 'shut down' Jacob Trouba until February
- Domestic violence case against Kings' Slava Voynov to push through
- Dallas Eakins fired as Oilers head coach, Todd Nelson to transition into role
- Blackhawks acquire defenseman Tim Erixon for 'Jackets forward Jeremy Morin
- Joffrey Lupul lifts Maple Leafs past Kings in shootout
- Penguins forward Sidney Crosby diagnosed with mumps
- Jonathan Bernier shines as Maple Leafs rout Red Wings
- Bobby Ryan shines in shootout as Senators top Bruins
- Netminder Marc-Andre Fleury shines as Penguins down Flames
- Boston looks to host Winter Classic again, leads 2016 bid
- Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews fine after getting hit against Bruins
- Matt Duchene's two goals propel Avs in edging Jets
- NHL bans Ryan Garbutt 3 games for tripping Jets blueliner
Kings place Robyn Regehr on injured reserve due to hand injury
Sat, 20 Dec 2014 18:21:50 +0000
Los Angeles, CA, United States (4E Sports) - The Los Angeles Kings placed defenseman Robyn Regehr on injured reserve Friday due to a hand injury suffered in a 6-4 victory Thursday over the St. Louis Blues.
The injury occurred while the 34-year-old Regehr was blocking a shot midway through the game. He is likely to be out at least two weeks.
The defending Stanley Cup champions recalled Jeff Schultz from the AHL .
The 6-6, 222-pound Schultz played 399 games for the Washington Capitals, posting 75 points with a plus-78 rating and 133 penalty minutes.
He was scoreless with the Kings last year in seven postseason games.