- Stars ink forward Cody Eakin to two-year deal
- Bruins keep key pieces Torey Krug and Reilly Smith
- Red Wings forward Gustav Nyquist not injured seriously
- Leafs' Stephane Robidas cleared for contact, eyes Oct.3 return
- Left wing Jaden Schwartz inks two-year deal with Blues
- Goaltender Jacob Markstrom placed on waivers by Canucks
- Predators lock in Ryan Ellis to five-year deal
- Blues to rest 'banged up' forward Alexander Steen
- Separated right shoulder to sideline Pavel Datsyuk for one month
- Maple Leafs, Canadiens renew rivalry at Molson Canadian Face-Off
- Hurricanes' Jordan Staal breaks leg in preseason game
- NHL boss: Proactive stance on off-ice conduct helps prevent scandals
- NHL, EPIX form partnership to produce two-part original series
- Lightning center Steven Stamkos delighted with return to ice
- Rangers' Derek Stepan missed preseason opener with bruised foot
- Senators forward Bobby Ryan injured in training
- Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin suffers upper-body injury
- Jets forward Evander Kane believes fast start is key to score 50 goals
- Flyers captain Claude Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury
- Kings defenseman Drew Doughty day-to-day due to upper-body injury
Stars ink forward Cody Eakin to two-year deal
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:58:56 +0000
Dallas, TX, United States (4E Sports) - The Dallas Stars sign forward Cody Eakin in a two-year deal which was reportedly worth $3.8 million.
Eakins played 81 games for the Stars last season and had 16 goals with 19 assists for 35 points.
The 22-year old made his debut in the Stanley Cup playoffs last season playing in six games, posting 2 goals and three assists.
"Cody is a two-way, young forward who competes hard and has the ability to make plays offensively," Stars GM Jim Nill stated.
Nill believes that Eakin is just scratching the surface and will mature as a player in the next two years.
In his NHL career, Eakin has a total of 27 goals with 40 assists for 67 points, playing with the Stars and the team that originally drafted him, the Washington Capitals.
He was acquired by the Stars in exchange for center Mike Ribeiro and the 54th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Draft according to the team's website.