- Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin suffers upper-body injury
- Jets forward Evander Kane believes fast start is key to score 50 goals
- Flyers captain Claude Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury
- Kings defenseman Drew Doughty day-to-day due to upper-body injury
- Injured centers Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins training camp
- Red Wings prospect Anthony Mantha out up to 8 weeks with broken leg
- Blue Jackets warn Ryan Johansen on stalling contract negotiations
- Danny DeKeyser gets two-year deal, stays with Red Wings
- Forward Devante Smith-Pelly signs two-year deal with Ducks
- Canadiens name four alternate captains for 2014-15 season
- Defenseman Ryan McDonagh ready to step up as Rangers new captain
- NHL plans to hold regular-season games in Europe next year
- New Capitals coach to utilize Alex Ovechkin at left wing
- Kings optimistic in goalie Jonathan Quick's return for season's start
- P.K. Subban hopes to assume captaincy of Canadiens
- Nino Niederreiter gets three-year deal with Wild
- Forward Ryan Malone eager to prove worth with Rangers
- NHL announces rules changes for 2014-15 season
- Rangers extend defenseman John Moore for one year
- Center Saku Koivu retires after 18 NHL seasons
Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin suffers upper-body injury
Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:39:45 +0000
Tampa Bay, FL, United States (4E Sports) - Tampa Bay Lightning rookie left wing Jonathan Drouin did not participate in the team's training camp activities because of an upper-body injury.
Lightning reporter Erik Erlendsson shared the news through Twitter, "No sign of of Jonathan Drouin on the ice for his group session, team says he is day to day with an upper body injury #tblightning."
Lightning coach John Cooper said that Drouin's injury is nothing serious.
"This is not a long-term thing," Cooper said.
Cooper added that Drouin got banged up a bit after participating in three rookie tournament games and that may have caused the injury.
"He got nicked up a little bit, and the one thing is that, this is by no means serious. We expect he'll be back next week at some point. ... It was a freak thing, so there is no alarm."
Drouin is trying to get in the NHL after playing for the Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
Drouin had 29 goals and 108 points playing in his third season for the Mooseheads.
He was the 3rd overall pick in the 2013 NHL Draft but was sent back to the juniors by the Lightning before the season began.
Tampa Bay will open their preseason against the Nashville Predators on September 23.