- Ducks ink defenseman Simon Despres to five-year extension
- Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner leaves season opener with lower body injury
- Daniel Sedin's goal, pair of assists power Canucks in toppling Flames
- Habs forward Zack Kassian enters substance abuse program after car accident
- Sharks forward Raffi Torres receives 41-game suspension for another illegal check
- Maple Leafs pick Jonathan Bernier as starting goalie for first two games
- Oilers waive goaltender Ben Scrivens after two seasons
- Penguins part ways with veteran defenseman Sergei Gonchar
- Senators goaltender Andrew Hammond sidelined two weeks with groin injury
- Devils left wing Patrik Elias to begin season on injured reserve list
- Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser out 3-4 weeks
- Capitals forward Nicklas Backstrom starts practice, no return date set
- NHL still unsure on expansion, to hear pitches from Quebec and Las Vegas
- Oilers forward Jordan Eberle out 4-6 weeks due to shoulder injury
- Canadiens down Penguins in Quebec preseason game
- Flyers center Sean Couturier listed as day-to-day due to injury
- Avalanche forward Nathan MacKinnon aims for strong return this season
- Maple Leafs reassign Marner; release veterans Glencross, Setoguchi
- Blackhawks ink defenseman Brent Seabrook to eight-year extension
- Senators suspend prospect Mikael Wikstrand for leaving training camp
Ducks ink defenseman Simon Despres to five-year extension
Sat, 10 Oct 2015 01:30:51 +0000
Anaheim, CA, United States (4E Sports) - The Anaheim Ducks will be keeping defenseman Simon Despres a long time after signing him to a five-year, $18.5 million extension pact.
Despres joined the Ducks via a trade deal from the Pittsburgh Penguins March.
The first-round pick in 2009 played 16 games after being traded to the the Ducks last season and had one goal and five assists (six points).
Splitting last season with the Penguins and Ducks, Despres played in 75 games scoring three goals and 23 points.
The 24-year-old has played in 160 regular season games in his career scoring 39 points (six goals, 33 assists) also having 22 postseason appearances having seven points (one goal, six assists).