- Oilers forward Nail Yakupov out 2-4 weeks due to ankle injury
- Canadiens rip Rangers behind pair from Devante Smith-Pelly
- NHL COO John Collins stepping down from post
- Canadiens' Brendan Gallagher out indefinitely after surgery on fractured fingers
- Justin Faulk nets 2 goals as Hurricanes edge Kings
- Jeff Petry nets pair, Carey Price stops 33 shots as Habs top Isles
- NHL to implement five-day 'bye week' next season
- NHL turns 2016 All-Star Game into 3-on-3 tournament for $1 million prize
- Kings ban goalie prospect Patrik Bartosak following alleged domestic vioence incodent
- Injury woes continue for Lightning with Ryan Callahan out
- Senators' netminder Andrew Hammond injured during practice
- Patrick Kane scores 13th goal as Blackhawks douse Flames
- Stars pay tribute to Paris by playing French national anthem before game
- Dan Boyle shines in shootout as Rangers notch 8th straight win
- Red Wings sign Justin Abdelkader to seven-year extension
- Canadiens' Carey Price out remainder of week with lower-body injury
- Lightning's Ondrej Palat out 3-5 weeks with lower-body injury
- Rasmus Ristolainen scores twice as Sabres down Canucks
- Blues activate Kevin Shattenkirk from IR, ink Marvin Havlat
- Mike Babcock to coach Canada in 2016 World Cup of Hockey
Oilers forward Nail Yakupov out 2-4 weeks due to ankle injury
Fri, 27 Nov 2015 20:18:33 +0000
Edmonton, AB, Canada (4E Sports) - The Edmonton Oilers will play the next two to four weeks without forward Nail Yakupov , who sustained a sprained ankle in their 4-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes Wednesday.
Yakupov sustained the injury when his legs tangled with linesman Matt MacPherson during a faceoff at center ice early in the second period, and each went down to the ice.
Yakupov did not put any weight on his left leg while being helped to the Oilers dressing room at 2:22.
"It could have been significantly worse based on what happened," Oilers coach Todd McLellan said. "Hopefully, he heals quickly."
Yakupov , the No. 1 pick in the 2012 NHL Draft, had an assist on Benoit Pouliot's first-period goal to end a seven-game point drought. He has not scored a goal since Oct. 18, a span of 16 games.
Yakupov had been dropped to the right side of the third line with Mark Letestu and Matt Hendricks against the Hurricanes. His spot was taken at practice Thursday by Pouliot .