- Jets ink forward Michael Florik to one-year deal
- Hurricanes center Eric Staal undergoes surgery for core muscle injury
- Forward Dana Tyrell inks one-year deal with 'Jackets
- Tomas Tatar agrees to three-year deal with Red Wings
- Forward Antoine Roussel inks four-year deal with Stars
- Sabres sign forward Luke Adam to one-year, two-way deal
- Rangers sign center Derick Brassard to five-year deal
- P.K. Subban wants to stay with Canadiens for the rest of career
- Flames expect netminder Jonas Hiller to recover quickly
- Reimer stays with Maple Leafs after signing two-year deal
- First-round pick Sam Bennett signs three-year deal with Flames
- Canadiens, Lars Eller agree on four-year pact
- Bruins hire Joe Sacco as assistant coach
- Leafs' hiring of Kyle Dubas as asst GM signals shift to analytics
- Center Ryan O'Reilly agrees to two-year pact with Avalanche
- Wild's Thomas Vanek questioned in gambling case
- Canucks' Jordan Subban hopes to break out of brothers' shadows
- First-round pick Nikita Scherbak signs three-year deal with Canadiens
- Free agent goaltender Martin Brodeur to wait for 'right fit'
- Maria Kirilenko, Alex Ovechkin call off engagement
Jets ink forward Michael Florik to one-year deal
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:20:33 +0000
Winnipeg, MB, Canada (4E Sports) - Forward Michael Florik avoided arbitration with the Winnipeg Jets after he agreed to terms of a one-year contract worth $3.3 million.
After the deal was reached, general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said the possibility of signing Frolik to a long-term contract remains. Frolik had 15 goals and 42 points in 81 games for the Jets last season.
"It is part of the way the summer unfolds and sometimes you're able to beat the deadline and accomplish some of the things that you set out to. But whether it's a deal that happens at different points in time, we'll just continue to talk," said Cheveldayoff.
A first-round pick (No. 10) by the Florida Panthers at the 2006 NHL Draft, Frolik scored 21 goals in each of his first two seasons in the Sunshine State.
He was traded to the Chicago Blackhawks on Feb. 10, 2011, won the Stanley Cup in 2013 and was traded to Winnipeg a few weeks later. He has 76 goals and 193 points in 430 games for Florida, Chicago and Winnipeg.
The Jets will open the 2014-15 season on Oct. 9 against the Arizona Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena.