Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... San Jose
 The Yearly Playoff Meltdown in San Jose Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  11:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Beans15 they will win the series on Saturday NOW BRING HOME THE CUP SAN JOSE

'' GO SHARKS GO ''

Edited by - Jumbo Joe Rocks on 04/23/2010 11:38:48
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  13:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha Ha to everybody who thought the Sharks would go out in the first round they could sweep the Wing's tommorow

GO SHARKS GO
Go to Top of Page

Jumbo Joe Rocks
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
410 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  13:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh and Jumbo Joe has 8 points that is more than Holmstrom,Hossa and Plekanec so Ha Ha Thornton is not the worst playoff superstar in the league

GO SHARKS GO

Edited by - Jumbo Joe Rocks on 05/05/2010 13:08:24
Go to Top of Page

Guest9818
( )

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  10:24:51  Reply with Quote
He's definately been better than past years, it's a different Sharks team for sure.

But don't compare him to Holmstrom, Hossa and Plekanec. He's a top 10 player in the league, he should be producing somewhere in the range of Zetty, Dats, the Sedins, Malkin, and just below the pace of the Crosby's and Ovechkins.
Go to Top of Page

slozo

Canada
4516 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  11:22:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jumbo Joe Rocks - take heed of Guest 9818, because he's correct. Thornton hasn't been "rocking" so much as "strumming folk tunes" . . . he's been just ok, from what I've seen.

From what I can tell, San Jose continues to win because of a very hot Pavelski, a very good Boyle, and the overall depth at all positions that puts their last defensive pairing and third/fourth lines a step above their opponent's.

Wait until they play a hungry team with a goalie that isn't a rookie . . . either Vancouver, or maybe Pittsburgh in the finals.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8153 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  16:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya, I gotta completely agree. Joe is getting his point, but he really is playing a secondary role on the team right now. Pavalski's line is the big guns. And as Slozo said, Boyle has been playing amazing as well.

Let's not forget Nabokov, who has the best GAA of any goalie left in the Playoffs, 4th best save %, and has won 6 games in a row and 7 of the last 9.

Remember everyone saying how Nabokov wasn't even a top 10 goalie in the league because he didn't perform in the playoffs?? He has not let in a soft goal since that 1 in a million Boyle clearing shot.

Ultimately, Thornton is part of the success, but far from a key to the playoff success to this point.

That being said, the play in OT to make the 2 on 1 and pass to Marleau nearly perfectly, he is still a pretty special player.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

5694 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  18:11:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Let's not forget Nabokov, who has the best GAA of any goalie left in the Playoffs, 4th best save %, and has won 6 games in a row and 7 of the last 9.

Even after tonight? Anyone see this one coming?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8153 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  21:14:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Even after tonight? Anyone see this one coming?

Did you watch the game??? Until he was pulled, most of the goals Nabokov was hung out to dry on.

Even the leaker that went off Douglas Murray's skate would be tough to blame on Nabokov.

The whole SJ team played like Crap tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

5694 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  21:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope, and i wasn't trying to undermine your thought on his performance thus far as i'm in agreement he's been beyond solid! Still think he should have stopped the Boyle blast though

I was only kidding as it was ironic that they got blown out tonight after you made the comment!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9818
( )

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  11:20:36  Reply with Quote
lol. Don't you hate it when teams don't back up your talk on hockey boards...

Detroit definately had at least one in them, I wonder if Franzen blew his whole load in one game. SJ is probably so unused to being in this position, they just relaxed with the 3-0 lead, and Detroit schooled them on why you can't do that.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  11:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Detroit will definitely get confidence with their win, but maybe too much?

I think that the blowout win for Detroit is the perfect situation for SJ. They know exactly what they did wrong, and will be angry for being so embarrassed. Detroit may be slightly over confident(though they are very experienced and should know otherwise).

I think SJ will get the next game in a close one, maybe OT?

Besides, how many teams have come back from a 0-3 deficit? Was it not 2? Toronto came back from a 3-0 deficit against DET to win the cup 4-3 in 1942, and the NY Islanders came back to win the series 4-3 in 1975.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3562 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  11:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think anyone expected SJ to sweep Detroit - like others said, I think Det had one in them, and they certainly got it last night with emphasis.

I too think they blew their entire load last night, and SJ will win in 5 or 6 as I predicted
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  12:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by polishexpress

Besides, how many teams have come back from a 0-3 deficit? Was it not 2? Toronto came back from a 3-0 deficit against DET to win the cup 4-3 in 1942, and the NY Islanders came back to win the series 4-3 in 1975.

That's right. That means it is due time for it to happen again. The NHL was formed in 1917 so it was 25 years before a team in the NHL had ever reached that feat. Then the Islanders did it in 75, that was 33 years later. That brings us to now 35 years later...it's due time, maybe not this year but in the next 5 years I hope we get to see such an accomplishment. I also hope it's the Leafs that repeat it.

Detroit isn't going down without a fight and I expect to see a game 6 back at the Joe. If it goes that far game 7 is going to be exhilarating.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

5694 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  00:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, i'll admit, the odds are stacked against them, but imagine the pressure on Sj if they don't wrap it up at home in game 5? Say all you want that they hold home ad for game 7, but face it, if Det can steal the next one, the pressure begins to mount on SJ and we've all seen what they've accomplished under pressure in the playoffs the past 4 or 5 years?
Go to Top of Page

Deaner
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  18:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though san jose are done for the year i think they will have their turns soon in the next couple years they will take it down.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page