Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 CROSBY CLEARED!.... again! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  10:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is this the begining of the end? crosby cleared for contact once again in the season. and could play soon

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=620790

Edited by - mandree888 on 03/06/2012 10:46:03

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star



3562 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  11:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my pool hopes so! I've had him on the IR since early December, this would be a nice addition to make.
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  11:28:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

my pool hopes so! I've had him on the IR since early December, this would be a nice addition to make.



me too.... i couldn't decide between him and lundqvist... what a mistake that was.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  12:10:17  Reply with Quote
I'm not going to get excited about Crosby's return until I actually see him on the ice playing a game, and even then, I will be skeptical! :)
Go to Top of Page

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  18:03:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby plays hockey!? I thought he was too busy drinking Gatorade and helping people pick out equipment at Sport Check

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Go to Top of Page

Shepsky
Rookie



Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  20:07:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to see Crosby come back, as would most nhl fans, but I know he's had a lot of time off, but I hope he's actually ready to play. This is coming down the stretch and into playoffs, this is when the games are the most intense. lets just all hope he doesn't end his career before we get to see what he can really do

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
Go to Top of Page

Guest6366
( )

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  08:10:31  Reply with Quote
Wonder if with less than 20 games to go if he will contend for the ART ROSS trophy? It's sad but that is how much pressure this young kid is under, coming back from this serious injury and everyone expects the best of him.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5686 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  15:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Expectations may be considered "sad" and unfair, however, while he won't contend for the Art Ross, would anyone be surprised to see him outscore everyone for the final 15 or so games? I know i wouldn't, he's just that good.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2692
( )

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  17:10:18  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clatts

Crosby plays hockey!? I thought he was too busy drinking Gatorade and helping people pick out equipment at Sport Check

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors



He helped me pick out a stick the other day and then i tested out its durability by cross checking him in the head
Go to Top of Page

Guest7961
( )

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  03:57:24  Reply with Quote
Stills, Nash, Young await trial.
Go to Top of Page

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  10:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Expectations may be considered "sad" and unfair, however, while he won't contend for the Art Ross, would anyone be surprised to see him outscore everyone for the final 15 or so games? I know i wouldn't, he's just that good.



I'd be surprised if he outscored everyone. I think he'll be slow out of the gate and be back at 100% for playoffs

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5686 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  12:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clatts

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Expectations may be considered "sad" and unfair, however, while he won't contend for the Art Ross, would anyone be surprised to see him outscore everyone for the final 15 or so games? I know i wouldn't, he's just that good.



I'd be surprised if he outscored everyone. I think he'll be slow out of the gate and be back at 100% for playoffs

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors



I know it was a small sample, but remember back in Nov when he came back and started with 11 points in 5 games after not playing for about 10 months? Were you not surprised a bit then?

I'm not saying he's gonna do it, but it wouldn't shock me one bit if he did outscore the rest upon his return!
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  10:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
crosby set to play against the rangers this up coming thursday.
Go to Top of Page

Shepsky
Rookie



Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  12:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he will once again surprise everyone with how not rusted he is. Like I said before, Let's hope he doesn't suffer a career ending injury now.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
419 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  19:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure his playing time will be limited at first. It's a safe bet that he won't even be on the first line against the Rangers. As littel as he has played in the past year he will have to be worked back into form for the playoffs.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  10:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yikes now letang is back tonight too. looks like the peguins are posed to be a forced to be reckoned with again.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=7502

Edited by - mandree888 on 03/15/2012 10:45:46
Go to Top of Page

Shepsky
Rookie



Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  12:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the second most points in the east, and one of the front men for the art Ross, can you think of a time this year when the penguins have NOT been a force to be reckoned with? Even through injuries to Crosby, Stall, Letang, and anyone else. This is a good team with an excellent coach.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  12:17:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very true shepsky. i sould have said even more of a force to be reckoned with.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8152 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  12:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

With the second most points in the east, and one of the front men for the art Ross, can you think of a time this year when the penguins have NOT been a force to be reckoned with? Even through injuries to Crosby, Stall, Letang, and anyone else. This is a good team with an excellent coach.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux




What on earth are your talking about??? The Penguins are not a great team with sound coaching, depth at all positions, and quality goaltending??? They are a miracle. It is absurd to think that this team is anything other than a fluke for performing to this standard over the past 2 seasons without their super-duper star, Sidney Crosby.

Fluke, and nothing more.......



**Sarcasm alert. Sarcasm alert***

This post was specifically intended to be thick with sarcasm. It's audience are those who believe the Penguins got lucky making the playoffs last season and were a marginal bet to make the playoffs this season.
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4511 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  04:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

With the second most points in the east, and one of the front men for the art Ross, can you think of a time this year when the penguins have NOT been a force to be reckoned with? Even through injuries to Crosby, Stall, Letang, and anyone else. This is a good team with an excellent coach.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux




What on earth are your talking about??? The Penguins are not a great team with sound coaching, depth at all positions, and quality goaltending??? They are a miracle. It is absurd to think that this team is anything other than a fluke for performing to this standard over the past 2 seasons without their super-duper star, Sidney Crosby.

Fluke, and nothing more.......



**Sarcasm alert. Sarcasm alert***

This post was specifically intended to be thick with sarcasm. It's audience are those who believe the Penguins got lucky making the playoffs last season and were a marginal bet to make the playoffs this season.




I have no idea who you'd be talking about, Beano . . .



"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8152 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  10:39:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you can laugh about it. It's always tough to look back in history. I'd like to think I am about .500 or better in my predictions, but I'm only fooling myself. It's more like 1 out of 10 of my predictions come true. It just sucks if one supports their argument so strongly and it turns out to be a dud over time.

Crosby did look decent last night. Not sure about all the line shuffling that Bylsma was doing, but who cares? 5-2 against the beast in the East. Pitt is dangerous at just the right time. If that team is healthy, they are the one's to beat.

Bank on that, I am right 10% of the time!!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro



701 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  14:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really hope that this comeback will last and that Crosby will have a long career full of success.

I will be cheering for Pittsburgh during the Stanley Cup Finals.

Hockey is better with him
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page