Play Now!
Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Heads Up!
 2006 Heads Up Archive
 Garth Snow – General Manager Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

322 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  08:50:20  Show Profile
Garth got his first taste of the front office last week during the arbitration hearing between him and Mike York. Here is how it may have gone down:

Garth: “Hello Mike”

Mike: “Hi Garth”

Garth: “How’s the wife and kids?”

Mike: “Good, thanks for asking. How about yours?”

Garth: “Great, thanks.”

Arbitrator: “Alright gentlemen, its time to get down to business.”

Garth: “Oh sorry, it’s just that I’m new. I guess you could say this is my first day.”

Arbitrator: -Rolls eyes-

Lawyer: -Whispers in Garth’s ear-

Garth: “They...I mean I must point out that although last season was a decent one for Mike, he was a minus nine and a defensive liability. I feel that…uh…”

Lawyer: -Whispers in Garth’s ear-

Garth: “I feel that this coupled with the fact that he scored a career low 13 goals are the main factors in our reasoning for making the qualifying offer.”

Mike: “Me…a defensive liability? You are the one with a save percentage below .900 and a goals against average of almost four. And four wins Garth?”

Garth: “Well look who I had playing in front of me!”

Arbitrator: “Calm down gentlemen.”

Garth: “I apologize for the outburst. Mike, it’s just that we are working against the cap here and…”

Mike: “Right. So what you’re saying is that because your salary counts against the team’s cap, I can’t get a raise?”

Garth: -Turns to lawyer and whispers- “My salary counts against the cap?”

Lawyer: -Nods to confirm-

Mike: “And how is it that Alexei is making $7.6 million? The guy scored only 14 more points than I did last season. And he was a minus fourteen. I feel I deserve at least $3 million.”

Garth: -speechless-

Arbitrator: “Alright gentlemen I believe that I have heard enough. I will have a ruling for you within 48 hours.”

The arbitrator awarded York a one year - $2.85 million contract. Garth Snow has 48 hours to accept the ruling or York will become and unrestricted free agent. Welcome to management Garth!

Have an opinion on Ryan's article? Let us know. Just hit reply below and post your thoughts. Anything goes...but keep it clean.
**************************** is your online hockey community. We're always looking for sharp volunteer writers. If you feel that you'd like to contribute articles on a regular basis drop us an email.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page