Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Suggestions
 Live Stats

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6096 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 12:54:10
Any talk of adding a live stats link to this site? I think that would be the clincher for us to move here next year.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 03/11/2011 : 09:49:24
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:
Originally posted by admin

So assuming your pool remains free, what would you all be willing to pay seasonally for live stats? (of course only if your poolies opted in for it)

Well, you mentioned the 5-15 dollar extra fee you were considering charging for a "live stats" feature . . . heck, even the $15 is relatively cheap!

Put this way: most poolie sites charge around $20 for the big guys, some as high as $25. To my knowledge, they charge EXTRA for a live stats feature on top of that.

So knowing that, I would think $15 is a great price. $10 is very cheap. $5 would be the same as free, IMHO.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

I agree, although i'm not that interested in it, if i were, those prices are totally reasonable.

Here's my thinking, i have no prob paying for a site to begin with. BUT, the thing i don't like, and many others are surely in the same boat, is putting my credit card online, signing up for stuff like paypal, etc. to pay for sites. That's one of the reasons i first came to this site. Having said that, i'm not set up with paypal so it's easy for those sites that offer that option but it's def a deterrent for some people who don't wanna give financial info online. Let's face it, you're in a hockey pool with 10 guys, is it really a big deal to pay $20 for a pool? Prob not, but trusting putting your financial info/details online for some is a big deal!
n/a Posted - 03/11/2011 : 06:58:49
quote:

So assuming your pool remains free, what would you all be willing to pay seasonally for live stats? (of course only if your poolies opted in for it)

Well, you mentioned the 5-15 dollar extra fee you were considering charging for a "live stats" feature . . . heck, even the $15 is relatively cheap!

Put this way: most poolie sites charge around $20 for the big guys, some as high as $25. To my knowledge, they charge EXTRA for a live stats feature on top of that.

So knowing that, I would think $15 is a great price. $10 is very cheap. $5 would be the same as free, IMHO.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
admin Posted - 03/11/2011 : 01:39:21
OILINONTARIO Posted - 03/10/2011 : 18:16:46
Agreed. Fantastic!

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2012.
Alex116 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 18:11:36
quote:

To be clear, it would be an OPTION. the pools would remain free but you could upgrade to live stats if desired for a modest free. So the choice would still be up to you.

Good to hear, and i think that'd surely satisfy everyone!
admin Posted - 03/10/2011 : 17:30:13
To be clear, it would be an OPTION. the pools would remain free but you could upgrade to live stats if desired for a modest free. So the choice would still be up to you.
Guest6049 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 10:39:46
The reason I'm suggesting it is we have been doing a keeper league now for the past 3 seasons on a different site with live stats that costs $20 (total, not for each guy in the pool). So the fee you decide to charge is not a big deal. It's really conveinient to go to the site and click "live stats" and see everyones totals for the night instead of having to go to NHL.com or whatever and try to add up your stats, the guy you're chasing, and the guy behind you, to see how everyone is doing each night. The reason we want to move to a new site is because the other one makes you sign in every time you visit it and it's REALLY annoying especially if you go there a few times per day. But we wouldn't move to a site without live stats so I just wanted to see if you had any plans to add it next year or not.

Cheers
polishexpress Posted - 03/09/2011 : 19:16:24
I echo Alex's sentiments, if added as an option, great idea.

One thing though, this year, I'm in two pools, one on PUH, one on a site with live stats feed, and there are lots of issues with the live feed. At times, if trades were made, the wrong teams were shown, sometimes stats came inaccurately etc.

I still found my self checking the ESPN or TSN boxscores, since they updated faster than the supposed live feed, and I received more detail on the games themselves than the website's live feed provided.
Alex116 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 18:11:30
I'm with Ryan, a lot of pools are a bunch of buddies who throw in a token amount of money (say $20) just as an excuse to get out and have a few beers and have something other than their favorite team to cheer about.

If it was supplied as an option, that would be great for both those who want it and those who don't.

Personally i prefer to look at the boxscores as the night progresses and follow who's doing what that way. I like that more than the "live stats" you can get on some sites.

To each their own, but it's not something i'd be interested in.
ryan93 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 17:33:23
I'd have no issues with chipping in, but not sure about the other guys in my pool. The only reason we switched to this site in the first place is because it was free.
Guest9504 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 15:25:39
I would pay a few bucks for it. It would be great to see the stats as they come in. Also a mobile version please.
admin Posted - 03/09/2011 : 13:01:49
Hi Guest, thanks for the feedback!

Yes this has been a topic of conversation internally for quite some time here at PickupHockey.com. If we added it we have contemplated charging a modest fee for pools that take advantage of it. Somewhere between $5 and $15 per pool (it costs many thousands of dollars annually to by a real-time feed)

Love to get people's feedback....

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page