Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Dion Phaneuf - New Contract

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Beans15 Posted - 10/04/2013 : 09:57:10
With the current $8 million/year extension to Phil Kessel the Leafs have $42 million committed to 11 players for next season. They have several players who will be UFA's Bolland, Kulemin, McClement, Raymond, Bodie, Frasier, and Rangers as well as Gardiner, Franson, Reimer, Devane, and Ashton. The biggest UFA on the list is easily Dion Phaneuf.

The question is what do you think will be the Leafs plan moving forward. Specifically, what kind of deal do you see coming for Dion Phaneuf??

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 10/04/2013 : 10:36:27
Defensive miscues aside, he's one of the better offensive dmen in the league, and has produced at a fairly consistent .5 PPG over his career. He also plays 25+ minutes a game, and is a physical presence. He's only 28, so he has a lot of good years left in him. While his current 6.5 per year might be a bit rich (although as a UFA he might get it), Phaneuf is worth no less than 5-5.5M per year. He'll probably want a long term lockup as well, 8 years like Kessel.

The Leafs are in a bit of a bind with him - you can't decide to pay market (or better) to Clarkson, Bozak, Kessel, and then ask Phaneuf to take a hometown discount. Or rather, you can - but be prepared to lose him.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page