Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Columbus
 Blue Jackets TOP PROSPECT retires at 19!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leigh Posted - 08/22/2008 : 11:33:27
Well this is one for the books I think. Apparently the Columbus Blue Jackets top prospect, Stefan Legein has announced his retirement from the sport at only 19 years of age!! Sounds like he would have made an easy entry into the NHL too.

What the...????? How weird is that!? So what happens in this case? Do the CBJ lose out completely? I think so no? Can anyone answer this?

Full story:
http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=7012021512
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9848 Posted - 03/30/2013 : 07:00:38
Maybe he just really didnt wanna move to Ohio.
Alex116 Posted - 03/29/2013 : 22:34:39
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4428

Update on Stefan Legein. He's alive and well. He never really retired, well not for long.

He's currently playing for the Manchester Monarchs in the AHL.

So, what you're saying is, he was somewhat useless/over rated and wouldn't have made much of an impact in CBJ anyway???
Guest4428 Posted - 03/29/2013 : 20:07:31
Update on Stefan Legein. He's alive and well. He never really retired, well not for long.

He's currently playing for the Manchester Monarchs in the AHL.
99pickles Posted - 08/27/2008 : 00:47:01
The article I read stated that there may have been a couple of subtle indications, at best - opting to go home and work out through his shoulder injury rather than be with the team, not going to the rookie camp this summer (if I remember correctly) and such.

As for the compensation - the only way I could see Columbus going for some kind of compensation is if this happened immediately after he was drafted. I would certainly demand my development fee back from his junior team, but he was drafted over a year ago, so I believe that this is a non-issue.
Pasty7 Posted - 08/25/2008 : 15:20:47
wow i hope that the reason is just a change in passions and not an illness in the family or himself for that matter kid had a bright futur in the nhl heres a link to hes hockeyfuturs player pager that only had great things to say about his talent and work ethic he doens't seem like the type to just give up,.........

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/stefan_legein

Pasty
MSC Posted - 08/25/2008 : 13:00:17
Why would Columbus get compensated? Did the Atlanta Falcons get compensated when Their #1 pick and face of they're franchise got sent to jail effectively ending his playing days?

This is just bad luck for Columbus. Maybe they need to invest a little more time and money into scouting the kids they draft and maybe they could have seen some sort of hint that this was coming. I'm fairly certain that he didn't just wake up one day and decide that would his last day playing hockey. A decision like this certainly didn't happen over night.

Guest9536 Posted - 08/25/2008 : 12:47:37
But like Liegh asked what happens to COlumbus? do they get compensated?
99pickles Posted - 08/25/2008 : 02:53:53
Why do I find this fishy??

Maybe he wishes he went the college route instead, but those playoff games in Syracuse ruined that, so he has to retire to do so? He is covered up to $7000 a year for college by the OHL. So he gets an education at a topnotch American school, and re-enters the draft hoping he gets selected by a more desirable team??

Weird...

No, we don't know the guy individually, or personally, but we do know ourselves and every kid we ever knew growing up in Canada - and based on that, this doesn't make sense at all.

MSC is right, this is quitting. He hasn't had a career to retire from. Truly un-Canadian
Axey Posted - 08/24/2008 : 14:38:04
Yeah I agree with Beans, who knows whats going on behind the scenes in his life, you can't judge him unless you know everything.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Beans15 Posted - 08/24/2008 : 13:10:41
Just because the guy retires doesn't mean he's a bad guy. Who's to say there isn't a legitimate reason he can't play. Maybe he had a heart condition that would cause significant health issues for him?? Maybe he has other passions in his life other than hockey?? Maybe he just wants to not play and not give a reason why, and that is his choice.

Guest5279 Posted - 08/23/2008 : 08:18:04
There better be a good reason for him quiting or I would be soo pissed because I would do anything to play in the NHL and he has a lifetime chance and puts it down .
MSC Posted - 08/22/2008 : 12:16:10
That's not retiring, that's quiting.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page