Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Detroit
 lidstrom signed for one more year

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BucketHead Posted - 06/20/2011 : 09:19:17
he's playing one more year people.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=566367&navid=mod-rr-headlines
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 06/21/2011 : 08:47:59
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

No Beans, just the last couple of years, by myself. And in the past, I just noted that they are aging, and don't have the same fire - now I have added injuries to key stars.

Why, are you saying it isn't a legitimate concern, or is this just another instant refutation of anything I have to say?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Nope, not at all. It has everything to do with Ken Holland having one of the top 5-7 teams in the NHL since the mid-90's. It has to do with their core of players still very capable. It has to do with having young talent on the team (Abdelkator, Helm, Ericsson, Kronwall, Miller to name a few) and it has to do with them having extremely good coaching and player development.

Most every other team in the NHL has had ups and downs over the past 15 years. Detroit has always been good and that team has changed over the years.

Finally, don't take very thing so personally. I never said "Haven't YOU been saying that..." I said "Hasn't THIS been said..." If you are part of the group saying that, cool. I disagree. Not because it's you, because I disagree with the comment.

Sheesh.
n/a Posted - 06/21/2011 : 07:54:19
No Beans, just the last couple of years, by myself. And in the past, I just noted that they are aging, and don't have the same fire - now I have added injuries to key stars.

Why, are you saying it isn't a legitimate concern, or is this just another instant refutation of anything I have to say?

Beans15 Posted - 06/21/2011 : 07:49:48
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Well, clearly Lidstrom can still play, as last year showed. But it looks like it might be the last year at this point.

Detroit's future is not that bright, frankly. All the stars they have are aging, on the decline, or have had serious injuries . . . and their defence is starting to thin out with the retirement of Rafalski, and next year with the probable retirement of Nick.

Hasn't this been said every year for the past decade????
n/a Posted - 06/21/2011 : 06:09:05
Well, clearly Lidstrom can still play, as last year showed. But it looks like it might be the last year at this point.

Detroit's future is not that bright, frankly. All the stars they have are aging, on the decline, or have had serious injuries . . . and their defence is starting to thin out with the retirement of Rafalski, and next year with the probable retirement of Nick.

Beans15 Posted - 06/20/2011 : 10:08:39
The article on TSN stated is was the exact same deal as last season, meaning it's a one year-$6.2 million contract.

The question now for Detroit is who is going to fill Rafalski's spot. Those are tough shoes to fill.
BucketHead Posted - 06/20/2011 : 10:03:04
i do wonder what he will make for the year.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page