Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Crosby return

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 10/27/2011 : 15:02:11
Ray Shero gave an interview today in which it sounded like the kid's return is imminent. In fact it sounded like he is ready now, but Shero wants his first game back to be at home so wee probably won't see him till November 11.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/02/2011 : 04:44:35
Yeah, from all reports - even though Sid himself when interviewed was very coy about when he'd be back, reiterating the same bland garbage lines - it'll be Nov 11th that Crosby returns.

Been a long time.
I know which game I'll be watching that day.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
nuxfan Posted - 11/01/2011 : 19:56:02
well, I'll wait until Sid comes back first...and starts scoring second. But rest assured, I'll be a-gloating if it happens.
Guest8087 Posted - 11/01/2011 : 19:42:29
nuxfan,

make sure you let that guy know he is an absolute idiot and deserves to get last, or kicked out of your hockey pool.
nuxfan Posted - 10/29/2011 : 10:31:21
as an aside - someone in one of my yahoo pools actually dropped Sid a couple of weeks ago, onto the waiver wire in order to pickup a functioning centre. I was fortunate enough to get him, plunked him into my IR slot, and will be happy to activate him in a couple of weeks. I also have Malkin in that pool, which should start paying huge dividends in a couple of months. Yay for me!
nuxfan Posted - 10/29/2011 : 10:25:31
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The only report I have heard of late is that he will not play this weekend.

Considering the Pens are sitting in 1st place in the NHL today it would not be surprising if the pens kept him out a few games longer. Nov 11 seems like a long time from now.

November 11 is 13 days away and there is a span of 6 days off for the Pens in that time. still holding him out for 7 days if he is ready to play does seem like a long time, but that is what Shero said.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

I had heard the same - the only reason he's not back already is due to lack of practice time, the Pens have played nearly every other day since the season started (home and away), and it hasn't allowed for any quiet practice time. Sid is ready, he just needs to get into game shape and re-integrate back into the team, and after tonight they have 5-6 days off for him to do so.

All reports I hear have him tentatively coming back Nov 11.
Alex116 Posted - 10/29/2011 : 10:15:14
I guess that makes a little sense? Kinda like an NFLer being "more or less ready" to return as the team enters a bye week. Why not hold that player out so he gets a full two weeks off. Similar to Crosby i guess?
umteman Posted - 10/29/2011 : 07:28:35
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Considering the Pens are sitting in 1st place in the NHL today it would not be surprising if the pens kept him out a few games longer. Nov 11 seems like a long time from now.

November 11 is 13 days away and there is a span of 6 days off for the Pens in that time. still holding him out for 7 days if he is ready to play does seem like a long time, but that is what Shero said.

Beans15 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 05:15:43

Alex116 Posted - 10/27/2011 : 22:49:56
So, you're saying that he may be as ready as he's gonna be, but they'll hold him out for another 2 weeks, just to march him out in front of the home crowd? I don't buy it. If he's ready, he's gonna play, whether it's in Pittsburgh, Florida or frickin' Poland for all that matters!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page