Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Boston
 What's Up With the Bruins??

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4377 Posted - 03/03/2012 : 13:00:25
The defending Stanley Cup champs have only 6 wins in their last 15 games.

And three of those wins came in overtime or the shoot-out.

I know a win's a win, but to only have three regulation time wins in 15 games is not very impressive.

What gives with the Bruins?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ToXXiK1 Posted - 03/22/2012 : 06:54:34
quote:
Originally posted by @valanche

quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1
Every team in the league hits a skid, and it was B's turn.

what about the start of the season when they sucked?

66 is > than 99

What about the umpteen streak after they thumped the Loafs?
@valanche Posted - 03/20/2012 : 09:14:22
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1
Every team in the league hits a skid, and it was B's turn.

what about the start of the season when they sucked?

66 is > than 99
@valanche Posted - 03/20/2012 : 09:13:02
quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

and maybe, just maybe the leafs can beat them tonight and avoid an embarrassing season sweep from Boston.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux

you may have wanted to hold out on saying that...

66 is > than 99
ToXXiK1 Posted - 03/20/2012 : 08:45:28
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Originally posted by slozo

. . . but the fact that Bruins missing the playoffs is a possibility, IS quite alarming.

This is more what I meant. I don't think they'll miss the playoffs either, there's probably too much of a gap between them and WPG at this point in the season. They might slip to 8th, but WSH seems to be just clinging on as well.

But in December, the idea of the Bruins being any less than first in their division laughable - first in the conference was likely. 7th place in the conference, and close to 8th or even out, was unthinkable.

Still is, 9 games left, 1st in division, 2nd in conference. Impossible to fall out of playoffs unless all the doors fall off, odds? 1st time in 2 years they've lost 4 in a row, hardly a big deal. 3 key injuries have contributed largely but at least 2 will be back for the dance. Every team in the league hits a skid, and it was B's turn.
Guest4271 Posted - 03/20/2012 : 03:43:21
I believe the 7-0 drubbing in TO was near the beginning of the last run the Bruins made earlier this year, after last night's drubbing, here's hoping the next run starts again, actually they played a spirited game on Saturday against Philly..........another run like the last one would put us into June baby, but first we need to get by Pitt, with Crosby the Pens will be a very hard team to get through

Repeat, let's wait and see
semin-rules Posted - 03/19/2012 : 17:24:50
6-0 for Boston and they are just halfway through the 2nd!

Ugly day year ... It's always ugly to be a Leaf fan
Guest9277 Posted - 03/19/2012 : 17:17:13
All they needed was a game against Toronto.
Shepsky Posted - 03/19/2012 : 12:14:42
and maybe, just maybe the leafs can beat them tonight and avoid an embarrassing season sweep from Boston.

-Mario Lemieux
nuxfan Posted - 03/17/2012 : 11:21:04
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

. . . but the fact that Bruins missing the playoffs is a possibility, IS quite alarming.

This is more what I meant. I don't think they'll miss the playoffs either, there's probably too much of a gap between them and WPG at this point in the season. They might slip to 8th, but WSH seems to be just clinging on as well.

But in December, the idea of the Bruins being any less than first in their division laughable - first in the conference was likely. 7th place in the conference, and close to 8th or even out, was unthinkable.
n/a Posted - 03/17/2012 : 09:39:12

Sort of like seeing Ottawa atop the division is . . . alarming.

I think the Bruins will return to form and take the division, but still . . . somehow, they look different than the first half of the year (in terms of style of play, etc). Can't put my finger on it.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 03/17/2012 : 08:45:36
While it could happen, it's HIGHLY unlikely. Think about what is said about a team which is 5 points out of a playoff spot late in the season and how tough it is to gain points. Similar case here. Even if bostoon continues to slide, a team like Wpg or someone else still has to win a bunch of games to close the gap.

Not impossible, but a big longshot to happen.
Guest0461 Posted - 03/17/2012 : 07:58:31
Bruins miss the playoffs?
I do not think so.

Does anyone here believe they will lose 10 more in a row?
Not a Julien coached, talent laden team.
Guest2726 Posted - 03/17/2012 : 05:19:13
Boston will miss the playoffs
nuxfan Posted - 03/17/2012 : 00:11:34
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0461
As I recall from many other seasons, a team can be playing very well going into the playoffs and do nothing in the playoffs (happened to the Bruins more times than I care to count).

Conversely, a team can limp into the playoffs and win it all.

At this point, the Bruins are actually within spitting distance of not making the playoffs. With 12 games to go, they're only 7 pts up on 9th place WPG - who are playing pretty well right now.

And I thought the Canucks were slumping...
Guest0461 Posted - 03/16/2012 : 07:14:27
Reality check... I admit, they (Bruins) are playing like crap.
Have not seen them this bad since I do not know when.
Guest0461 Posted - 03/14/2012 : 18:50:50
If Ottawa wins, the Bruins will still be 1st... more ROW wins and fewer games played.
semin-rules Posted - 03/14/2012 : 13:18:41
Pretty crazy to think that if Ottawa wins tonight, they will be tied for 1st in the division with Boston. Who would of thought that was going to happen at the beginning of the season !!
Guest0461 Posted - 03/14/2012 : 10:46:15
Time will tell as it always does.

As I recall from many other seasons, a team can be playing very well going into the playoffs and do nothing in the playoffs (happened to the Bruins more times than I care to count).

Conversely, a team can limp into the playoffs and win it all.
Alex116 Posted - 03/14/2012 : 07:44:04
Can Tim Thomas play "out of this world" hockey for another Stanley Cup run? I don't know, but if he can't, they're all but done. I could see them turning to Rask if he falters but will it be too late if they do decide to yank him? Let's face it, with average goaltending, the Bruins wouldn't have won the cup last year. Tim Thomas was unbelievable.

A lot has been said about the Canucks "coasting" right now too. They aren't doing as poorly as the Bruins, but they're certainly not cruising like they were a month or two ago either. The Sedin's have been invisible and are getting knocked around more than ever (well, except maybe the finals last year) and the team looks beatable on most nights. Is this and the Bruins struggles fatigue finally catching up with them???

All i know is this. The Bruins have been awful (as far as what's expected) for 25 or so games! They need to find their game in the next month cuz if they enter the playoffs playing like they are now, they'd be lucky to advance past the first round, even as the 2 or 3 seed. Keep in mind, not only are they only 4 and 5 points up on Florida and Washington respectively, they're a mere 2 points up on Ottawa for the division AND the 2 or 3 seed. Yes, they have 1 game in hand on the Sens, but they're a loss or two away from dropping down to 7th and possibly 8th if the losing continues!!!

@valanche Posted - 03/14/2012 : 06:39:16
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5052

You know, its kinda funny, going into the Playoffs last year the Bruins were certainly a contender, but they werent exactly the team to beat. i think they won their conference but were close to a few teams in points (if memory serves). They played great in the playoffs, although arguably fortunate to get past Montreal and started slowly this year and then went on a tear. Now they are back down to earth.

In other words, I think this team is kinda what shoudl be expected of it. Its a contender for sure, but one of, not the, favorite to come out of the east.
thats my two cents.

completely agree.

66 is > than 99
@valanche Posted - 03/14/2012 : 06:38:15
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0461

Anyone think they may be coasting this time of the year, winning just enough to secure the second seed in the east? They are almost intact from last years' Cup win and know how much the run to the cup takes out of a team.

Just a thought from a Bruins' fan since '70.

that sounds like wishful thinking. while it wouldn't surprise me to see the team start playing better i no longer consider them a favourite to win more than a round in the playoffs. the team hasn't played well since the white house visit and thats that.

you can blame it on horton being injured but if i recall he was for the stanley cup final in all the games they won....
peverley hurts too but they played much better than they are now before they had him last year.

seguin is much improved ... i really thought this team had a legit chance to get back to back cups but no longer have that feeling.
they look sloppy, slow, and not tough to play against.

66 is > than 99
Guest0461 Posted - 03/14/2012 : 05:39:47
Anyone think they may be coasting this time of the year, winning just enough to secure the second seed in the east? They are almost intact from last years' Cup win and know how much the run to the cup takes out of a team.

Just a thought from a Bruins' fan since '70.
Shepsky Posted - 03/14/2012 : 04:50:23
You know, I'm starting to think that the Bruins might not be so tough come playoff time after all, this really is becoming more than just a losing streak, as said, they are playing very 'un-bruin' like. They really need to get there act together in one month and counting!

-Mario Lemieux
Guest4377 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 20:55:25
To be clear, the Bruins losing 6-1 is not a big deal on its own, but they only have 6 regulation time victories in their last 25 games!
Guest4377 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 20:28:37
I agree with Shepsky - the playoffs are a whole new ball game. But surely the regular season (and how well you're playing down the stretch) must mean something?

Another loss for the Bruins tonight, but it's how they lost which is so concerning. They were blown out by a score of 6-1 against Tampa Bay.

They allowed 6 goals on 17 shots (very un-Bruin like), and while recently acquired netminder Marty Turco allowed 4 goals on 12 shots, Thomas wasn't much better, allowing 2 goals on 5 shots!

And who did Tampa play in net? Roloson? Nope. Garon? No again.

22-year-old Dustin Tokarski played in net for the Lightning, an AHL goalie with less than five NHL starts.

Something's wrong with the Bruins, and while it's possible they will turn things around for the playoffs, they better figure things out soon. It's not usually a good thing to struggle this late in the NHL season!
Shepsky Posted - 03/05/2012 : 16:43:24
Always remember to, the playoffs are a whole new game then regular season. I'm not saying that I'm picking the Bruins to win the cup, but they are going to be a tough team to play come playoff time regardless of this stain on their regular season, they are a tough team, with names like Lucic, Marchand, Thornton. They can really wear a team down in a best of 7 series. I think despite their recent play, I would not want to have to face Boston ever in the playoffs.
Alex116 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 15:11:07
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5052

You know, its kinda funny, going into the Playoffs last year the Bruins were certainly a contender, but they werent exactly the team to beat. i think they won their conference but were close to a few teams in points (if memory serves). They played great in the playoffs, although arguably fortunate to get past Montreal and started slowly this year and then went on a tear. Now they are back down to earth.

In other words, I think this team is kinda what shoudl be expected of it. Its a contender for sure, but one of, not the, favorite to come out of the east.

thats my two cents.

The Bruins actually had the fourth most points in the East (tied with Tampa) but were the 3 seed due to being a division winner. I would totally agree that they were not considered "the team to beat", if there even was one? I also agree with your comment that they're not "the" favorite to come out of the east, but let's face it, a couple months ago, they sure as heck were!

If this were a little slide, it prob would go unnoticed, but they've been losing a lot more than anyone would have expected! There is however, enough time left for them to turn it around and i'm sure we'll see a fired up Bruins team come playoffs.
Guest5052 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 14:01:08

thats my two cents.
Beans15 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 13:50:06
This issue is 100% the fault of Tim Thomas. If he did not make his Tea Partyesqe comments towards the government he could have avoided having Secret Service sharpshooters on the catwalks of the TD Gardens with laser guided M16's pointed at his head. It's pretty hard to be a keeper with that kind of pressure.

Timmy, don't mess with Barack.

Guest7752 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 12:54:46
Bruins have injuries to key players at this point in time, and the other players haven't picked up the slack.
Hence the Bruin slow-down....
Look at the NHL teams with the most "lost man-games" due to injuries, they are struggling or have struggled most during the season... Penguins, Buffalo, Avalanche, Habs, etc...
Senators have lost a fraction of these mentioned, look at where Sens are.
Boston is the team with LOWEST man-games lost in the league. There is a lot to say about that.
Read up on a good article about a month ago from Globe and Mail about this:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/pens-habs-lead-nhl-in-man-games-lost-to-injury/article2342449/
Alex116 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 12:21:38
C'mon Slozo, Brentrock and his Philly alter ego (can't recall the name) haven't been around in some time....
Shepsky Posted - 03/05/2012 : 05:40:00
No, having 2 different PUH accounts, and logging in as a different person sometimes would be WAY too much effort for me
n/a Posted - 03/05/2012 : 04:52:31
I see . . . Shepsky and 2forInstigating are roommates?

Or are you the same person . . . ?

Shepsky Posted - 03/05/2012 : 04:13:48
DAMN SHARED COMPUTERS!! that last post was me, but my roommate was still logged in on the computer, sorry!
2ForInstigating Posted - 03/05/2012 : 04:10:48
Yeah, it's undeniable that there are a LOT of leafs fans out there, I imagine a lot of topics just get related back to the Toronto LOL. As for the game coming up on Tuesday, the Leafs need to win for a couple reasons, the first being the obivious, that almost every game is must win until the season if they want to be in the playoffs, second, there is a pride issue in the way the Bruins have absolutely man-handled Toronto this season, third, the Leafs are still trying to impress the new boss, and finally, Kessel needs to finally be able to overcome playing his old team, I belive he FINALLY got some points against them last time they played, but of course the Bruins still defeated the Leafs, however this is the poorest stretch Boston has been on in a long time, hopefully this will be the one Toronto actually wins.
Guest4377 Posted - 03/04/2012 : 20:54:12
Sorry about opening up this topic in the wrong forum. I did exactly what Alex described.

Getting back to the topic at hand, the Bruins lost another one today, albeit to the Rangers, a pretty good team.

Next up is Toronto (on Tuesday), another team with their own troubles.

It should be a good game. The whole Kessel - Seguin comparisons will inevitably be made by some, but more than anything else, this is a game both teams need to win, as we come to the last part of the season, where every game becomes more important.

For Boston, they don't need to worry about making the playoffs, but they would prefer to finish high in the standings for home ice advantage at the very least. More than anything else, they need to find their winning ways!

For Toronto, every game is almost a must win as they try to make the playoffs. As someone mentioned in another thread, it will probably take at least 90 points to make the playoffs in the East, and with 67 points in 65 games, the Leafs are at a point-per-game pace. They will probably need to get at least 23 points (and probably a few more) in their last 17 games to make the playoffs, so it won't be easy.

And in wrapping up this latest posting, it now appears there's some relevance to it being placed in a Toronto forum, my segue which was really unintended.
Alex116 Posted - 03/04/2012 : 20:17:38
quote:

also why is a topic about the Bruins in a Toronto forum?

This often happens and it's easy to do. If you start a new topic from this thread (by clicking on "new topic" while in this thread), you will be posting in the Boston forum (since Slozo moved this one here). So basically, if when reading this post, i decided to ask a question about the Jets and hit "new topic", it'll end up in the Boston forum!

BTW, sorry bout bringing up the presidential thing but it's hard to ignore considering how bad Boston's played since then!!!
n/a Posted - 03/04/2012 : 07:41:18
quote:

Fixed, thanks for noticing.

I think it's just a natural and normal slump . . . and I definitely think there is something to them being assured of a playoff spot, and sort of mentally "coasting" until the playoffs.

They are still a tough out though, and I think they'll still be one of the more dangerous teams in the east come playoffs. Probably not to repeat - I can't imagine them getting as lucky as they did last year to squeeze by some teams the way they did, with amazing goaltending to boot - but, they are still a top team.

Rask is out now though, so no rest for Thomas in the near future.

Clatts Posted - 03/03/2012 : 21:19:01
Could be a case of them playing so much in the last two years, however Vancouver dosn't seem to be slowing down at such a rapid pace

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Shepsky Posted - 03/03/2012 : 17:06:36

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page