Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 "Dirty" Ron FIRED!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 17:41:13
Well, well, well......after all this chat and speculation, apparently it happened about a half hour ago!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389346

This article says Carlysle and Dallas Eakins are the frontrunners for the position, but on the radio, i heard it was already leaked that the job is Randy Carlysles? Not sure how valid that report is thought?

Leaf fans, you guys finally gonna stop crying about your coach? Lol
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shepsky Posted - 03/13/2012 : 19:16:46
See, guest4220, I actually agree with you. I love the fact that habs fans rip into their team when they are losing, and they stop filling the stadium so much when they are losing. I don't think the Leafs are god, they definitely need to make some changes, but there is some undeniably good players on the team. But that can be said about a lot of teams in the league, because there is a lot of talent in the NHL, which is why it is the world's best. I also couldn't agree with you more that Burke needs to go out of his social circle to get this team rolling again. Wilson kept his job for so long because he was college buddies with Burke, now Carlyle who is also long time associates of Burke, and a lot of big trades have still happened from Anaheim to Toronto.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
Guest4220 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 19:10:16
quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky
\The problem with a team with such a massive fan base, is you have an equal amount of people that hate them, and every time we as hockey fans voice that we hate it that our team is losing, and the haters are right there to say they love it.

The problem with such a huge fan base is that you have a huge amount of annoying people that think anyone wearing a blue maple leaf on the jersey is a god and won't hear otherwise.

This leads to annoying people who then hate leaf fans. So that when the leafs don't do well like the last 7 years the annoyed people pick on the annoying leaf fans and you get this type of high school trash talking.

Look at another team with a huge fan base - montreal. The fans knew they sucked and they have been ripping into their own team since almost the start of the season. I find it much harder to hate montreal fans - except those punks who trashed their city during the playoff than leaf fans (and I don't care what the fourth line banger says). Note I'm neither a leafs or habs fan.

Oh yeah, back on topic. I think Burke needs to go outside his comfort zones if he wants success in TO. Wilson and Carlysle are known to him. He won't risk upping a newbie or an assistant from another team. Carlysle will likely fail with the group he has and that will be the end of Burke and Carlysle.
Shepsky Posted - 03/13/2012 : 17:05:56
I would have to agree with you beans, I didn't really think Carlyle was too much of an upgrade, not even close to a Hitchcock, or even Bylsma, this season is already gone. But it's not like leafs fans (or any true hockey fan) is just going to be like, well they won't make the playoffs AGAIN, I'm really happy with this team. Leafs fans are going to voice what they think is wrong with the team. The problem with a team with such a massive fan base, is you have an equal amount of people that hate them, and every time we as hockey fans voice that we hate it that our team is losing, and the haters are right there to say they love it.

-Mario Lemieux
Guest5401 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 15:37:31
quote:

Wow..... did you honestly just call leaf fans pathetic, and then use the "word" y'all???? you [ moderator edit ] HILLBILLY!!!

-Mario Lemieux

Truth hurts, don't it bubba?
nuxfan Posted - 03/13/2012 : 15:37:04
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Umm, I know a team that can learn a new system in less than 20 games. What about the St Louis Blues. Hitchcock totally turned that team on it's head almost immediately and they have beens stellar since the minute he walked in the door.

Also, didn't Dan Bylsma do the same thing in PIT when he was hired with 24 games to go in 08/09? 5 points out of the playoffs when he was hired, end up finishing 4th in the conference and winning the cup that year.

I agree with beans: average team + new coach != better team
Beans15 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 15:02:24
Umm, I know a team that can learn a new system in less than 20 games. What about the St Louis Blues. Hitchcock totally turned that team on it's head almost immediately and they have beens stellar since the minute he walked in the door.

The reason they same things didn't happen to the Leafs is for two reasons. Firstly. Carlyle is not a huge step up compared to Wilson. Secondly, TO just doesn't have the horses to be a great team. Good team with amazing speed and some pretty good pieces in places. But they are just not that good of a team.

And Slozo, why get cross. Just because people like drilling on the Leaf??? C'mon. There were many, many of us at the start of the season predicting the Leafs to do exactly what they have done. Many, many Leaf fans disagreed. Salt in a open wound. I told you so. What ever you want to call it. It is what it is.

but I can't blame you too much for being defensive. The Leafs, sadly, are still a ways away from being where their fans want them to be. It sucks, I know. I cheer for the Oilers, remember. I have lived the same life as Leaf fans for the past 5 years. But reality is just that. If your team sucks, expect the boo birds to come out.
mandree888 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 09:10:14
the fans are not what burke was using the scapegoat for it was the media because the media would blow it completely out of proportion. and even though he is the presedient and GM of the leafs there are higher ups. he MUST say salvage. other wise his job is gone just like ron's.
he was not saing salvage to make the fans happy he said it to ease the storm that is the toronto media. also to save his job.
this is just my opnion however.

i have been wrong before i would bet 1 million dollars i will be wrong again sooner or later.
Guest7752 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 09:00:48
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

no i wasnt there and anything i said IS specualtion. but no GM or Coach can expect a team of 22 guys (not to mention coachs) to learn a new system in 20 games and then continue in the playoffs.

exactly...
so how dumb does Burke think his team's fans are?
Leaf fans should go back to throwing waffles, only this time towards his booth, not on the ice.
mandree888 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 08:10:30
no i wasnt there and anything i said IS specualtion. but no GM or Coach can expect a team of 22 guys (not to mention coachs) to learn a new system in 20 games and then continue in the playoffs.
Guest7752 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 08:08:08
quote:

burke and carlyle said salvage with the media as a scapegoat.
what they told their players was this year is done lets focus on next year and get the new system in place now.

Right.....
And YOU know this because.... you were there??
mandree888 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 07:26:36
anyone here thinking that the leafs brought in carlyle with 20 games left in the season and said heres my system learn and lets make a playoff run this year. is kidding themselves. this move was a lets try next year move.

burke and carlyle said salvage with the media as a scapegoat.
what they told their players was this year is done lets focus on next year and get the new system in place now.

i am very interested in seeing how the young guys on the marlies react to the new head coach in training camp this year.
over all though not very excited about the leafs these days. i think in order to get the same enthusiasm that i had would take no less that two play off berths in back to back seasons.
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/13/2012 : 06:55:55
Meanwhile facts are facts and reality sucks.

Florida. Ottawa. They both elevated WAY faster than expected and *we* can't seem to find a way to find our way. It IS miserable. 45 years of this and we're still hanging in. Many a franchise would have folded due to lack of interest. Leaf fans may not be fullfilled. BUT...at least we're loyal.

And those who take cheap shots are just that...cheap.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.
n/a Posted - 03/13/2012 : 05:39:23
Dear Guest 9279,

Tell us, what team are you a fan of?
And why, if you are not a Leaf fan . . . why all the posts in these "meaningless" Leaf threads?

Wouldn't that be a waste of time for a smart, savvy guy like yourself? Wasting time typing silly little barbs at a team that is going to miss the playoffs again . . . as if that somehow makes you look intelligent?

Or hey - maybe I just need to hear your vast knowledge on the subject of hockey. Do you, in fact, have anything to contribute here, outside of immature, high school put-downs?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest9279 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 05:04:01
Please Leafers ignore the truth. Keep dreaming.
n/a Posted - 03/13/2012 : 04:46:54
Leafers,

You all know what is coming - please, just ignore the hate. Ignore the useless comments.

There is no getting around the type of ignorant personality that loves to pile misery and disgust on a fan of any team . . . it just shows what kind of person they are. Let it stand on its own, without additional commentary . . . comments like that should be given the respect they deserve, and that is to be utterly ignored.

Guest9279 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 04:43:45
Thats why you Leaf fans are so tormented. You are already looking for magic next year, I can remember the hype for Kadri at the begining of the year. Wasn't Joe Colborrne your second line center. Wasn't Connolly the a 50 to 60 point man you needed. So high expectations and so litle results. The only good news i can leave you leaf fans is that you will probably end up with a lottery pick. Keep it and draft a top notch center. Also as of right now Dirty Ron had a better winning percentage than Carlyle.
Shepsky Posted - 03/13/2012 : 04:11:23
Wow..... did you honestly just call leaf fans pathetic, and then use the "word" y'all???? you [ moderator edit ] HILLBILLY!!!

-Mario Lemieux
Guest5401 Posted - 03/12/2012 : 19:13:29
quote:

I agree slozo, it's been especially tough watching them lose yet again, when they have better players then previous years. I've already had talks with friends of mine of hanging up the jerseys, scraping off tattoos with SOS pads (jokingly) this year is a wash, but there is a positive, as mentioned Carlyle has the team playing better defensively in just a couple games, maybe he can get some offense back, with a couple offseason pickups (perhaps a goalie) maybe next year this team can play consistently from day 1 under the new coach. If not, surely Burke's days will be numbered....

-Mario Lemieux

What is wrong with you leaf fans!!!!
IF they continue to get better defensively
IF the offence picks up
IF they pickup some better players this summer
IF they pickup a goalie
IF Burke can get the best players from canucks and bruins and make a leaf team....
IF ..... IF ...... IF .....
It has been like this for 45 years and counting!!!!
For people from the outside of toronto, and looking / reading these comments... you do not realize how pathetic y'all sound!
Shepsky Posted - 03/12/2012 : 18:22:04
I agree slozo, it's been especially tough watching them lose yet again, when they have better players then previous years. I've already had talks with friends of mine of hanging up the jerseys, scraping off tattoos with SOS pads (jokingly) this year is a wash, but there is a positive, as mentioned Carlyle has the team playing better defensively in just a couple games, maybe he can get some offense back, with a couple offseason pickups (perhaps a goalie) maybe next year this team can play consistently from day 1 under the new coach. If not, surely Burke's days will be numbered....

-Mario Lemieux
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/12/2012 : 10:12:07
Ya...It's over for yet another lousy year. Burke waited WAY too long to make the Dirty Ron move...and didn't make the other moves needed.

Playoff hockey is so much LESS interesting when you don't have a dog in the fight.

45 years and counting. I'm in my 'blinkin' 60s for goodness sake. Will I live to see the blue and white hoist the cup again? Maybe...but I'm not gonna bet on it.

After Brian trundles off...IN SHAME...I wonder who the next "saviour" will be?

Seemingly...there isn't one. [although Pierre Gauthier looks to be entirely available ]

n/a Posted - 03/12/2012 : 10:04:45
Yeah, the dream of finally making the playoffs after 7 odd years is over, in my mind. The Leafs are done like dinner, roasted like potatoes, smoked like yesterday's bacon.

Man, I'm hungry.

I've gotta admit, I have totally lost my joy for the Leafs and a little part of the golden hockey puck inside my heart died this year. It's gonna take a pretty sweet year or two to rekindle that fire.

I'll watch the playoffs - don't get me wrong. I'm a hockey fan first, Leafs fan second. I'll probably cheer a bit for Winnipeg when they make the playoffs even. I'm just . . . just so sick of losing. It's wearing extremely thin on me . . . especially in years like this, when I look at the team and know that this roster SHOULD be making the playoffs (well, perhaps with the addition of having acquired a decent vet goalie in the summer).

sigh.

@valanche Posted - 03/12/2012 : 08:42:55
they have defintely gotten better defensively, however they have sacrificed all offense in doing so.

2 goals in 3 games? and only 1 point out of 6...
i think they would have been better letting wilson finish up the season and carlyle starting fresh in the offseason.

on a side note that 2nd round pick for JM Liles is starting to look a lot better than it did a year ago... anywhere between 30th and 40th is fantastic in this draft. not saying liles hasn't played well, simply saying the trade looks more even

66 is > than 99
Beans15 Posted - 03/12/2012 : 07:54:06
A week after the trade change of coach (sorry), let's take a look at the results.

@ Montreal - Win - 67 pts, in 11th place-3 pts back of 8th
Boston - Loss
Pittsburgh - Loss
Philadelphia - Loss(SO)
@Washington - Loss, 68 pts, in 12th place - 8 pts back of 8th
@Florida
@ Tampa Bay
@ Ottawa
@Boston
New York Islanders
@ New Jersey
New York
Carolina
Philadelphia
Buffalo
@Buffalo
Tampa Bay
@ Montreal

It's basically run the table time for the Leafs. If the want to get to 90 pts, they need to win 11 of the next 13 games. 8 pts out with 13 games to play is bad news.

Sorry Leaf fans, and I mean that sincerely. With the way the Leafs played through the first 40ish games I would have bet it more likely they make the playoffs than not.

On a side note, I think Carlylye does have this team playing better defensively than Wilson did. But it comes down to simply too little and too late.

Guest7752 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 11:49:33
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I disagree with the notion that any success/failure we have is dependant on the whims of how good the goalie plays. Sure, a goalie is very important - but a defence can make a goalie look much, much better than he is if they play it right.

Agreed - but your point is valid for an entire season.
We are only talking about a hot streak for the remaining games, especially 3 of the 5 that Leafs have against teams currently ahead of them...
We're talking about a push to make the playoffs this season. A hot period by either goalie may do the trick for the leafs... for this season's playoff push.... that's it!
It won't win you president's trophy, cups, etc...
I did not mention ANY success or failure is based on goalie whims.... C'mon man...
Beans15 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 11:47:10
It's a great point about the goaltending Slozo and I can't agree more. A great defense (a la Detroit) can make an average goalie look better than what he is. It is easy to give the goalie a pass if he is facing 30 shots a game and likely 10 legit scoring chances. That is what I have been able to do for the Monster and Reimer. However, if the TO team defense does pick it up, giving up less than 25 shots and around 5 legit scoring chances, losing would fall completely on the goaltending.

It is going to be an interesting month of hockey.
n/a Posted - 03/05/2012 : 11:03:42
I disagree with the notion that any success/failure we have is dependant on the whims of how good the goalie plays. Sure, a goalie is very important - but a defence can make a goalie look much, much better than he is if they play it right.

Coaching does matter - and a big part of the influence on how a goalie plays, is how the defence plays in front of him. And the system and confidence the players can have in a system, and its effectivenss, is squarely on the coach's shoulders.

It was good to see such a proactive approach by Carlyle in practice. And of course, we all get that the first practice will be a tough one, but . . . more heartening was to hear him talk about the strengths of the team, and how he plans to use them. In my opinion, our defence is underperforming by a large margin, and whatever it was under Wilson - bad system, tuning out the arsehole coach, feeling nervous/unconfident, not enough tutelage, or a combination of those and other factors - it needs to change, and certainly CAN get better.

Guest7752 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 10:42:47
Beans - I didn't get my message accross correctly.
I meant you did indeed mention the 5 games with the teams currently ahead of them, but we have to understand that these 5 games are for 4 points each game.
And you are correct, Montreal was more threatening that Leafs were. BUT - Monster made the save when it was required.
I think he was a major contributor to the win.
So - Leafs need "any" goalie to get hot (chances are it WILL happen), then add to that 3 wins of the 5 mentioned above - they do have a shot at playoffs... regardless of the math to get to 90 - 93 points.
AND - regardless of how much I would hate to actually have that happen!
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/05/2012 : 08:48:40
7752. Nothing is impossible. Well...doing it with Dirty Ron was impossible. [There has to be an exception for it to be a rule.] 3 points out...1 game in hand on Wpg. But 3 other teams a tad closer.

They have a better chance now but 11 wins out of 17 games would be the bare minimum for success...I'm guessin'. Can they get there with 89 points? Hmmm. Better toss in an OT/SO loss or 2, rather than 6 out and out losses, just to be safe

"Holding Montreal to 1 goal is not all that impressive" True enough Beans. I thought that all night Saturday. They're ONLY playing the smurfs.

Beans15 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 08:37:03
The list I provided did not fail to include the 5 games they have against teams in their group. You must have missed this statement:

However, the one beacon of hope is that 5 of their games are against the 3 teams currently right ahead of them. One against Wash, 2 against,TB, and 2 against Buff. They alos have a game against FLA in there and that division bounces around like a ball of flubber.

To the game in Montreal, I watched the game start to finish and I have to say I was not nearly as impressed with the Leafs defensive game as others appear to be. Holding Montreal to 1 goal is not all that impressive. Although Montreal did not outshoot TO, they did hold the play in the offensive end more than TO did.

Looking at the schedule, the next 5 games will tell the tale. I believe the Leafs need at least 7 pts in the next 5 games.

@ Montreal - Win - 67 pts, in 11th place-3 pts back of 8th
Boston
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
@Washington
@Florida
@ Tampa Bay
@ Ottawa
@Boston
New York Islanders
@ New Jersey
New York
Carolina
Philadelphia
Buffalo
@Buffalo
Tampa Bay
@ Montreal

Guest7752 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 08:19:59
As much as I hate to say it - I have to say that ANY coach that is now behind the bench will make a diffreence and will probably help push the team into the playoffs.
As bad as everyone thinks the leafs are (including me), all they need is the monster or Reimer to get rolling again, and they will have a chance. Add this to the fact that a new coach is what probably some of the players need to get rolling.
The math calcs and remaining games the Beans listed fail to show everything. Even though the 90 or 93 points will be difficult to reach mathematically, there are indeed 5 games with teams ahead of them today, and these 5 games are each 4 point games... 3 wins in these 5 games could be all that it takes to make it.
Shepsky Posted - 03/05/2012 : 06:50:22
one thing that Carlyle did do, is shuffle the lines a bit, and change the TOI for some players, namely Matt Frattin (who scored the first goal for Toronto, which was a huge momentum shift in the game) Wilson kept this kid on the marlies for the most part, where Carlyle put him on the second line, with Grabovski and MacArthur, if anyone didn't see the game, this was the line with all the offense for Toronto. Also, the defense still looked pretty lost most of the game, especially at the beginning, it was definitely offense and fore checking that won that game. But the main thing is they won, now just keep it going against Boston tomorrow.
mandree888 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 06:30:21
that i will agree with he seemed to comunicate with the players better
than wilson
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/05/2012 : 06:18:35
I will say Mandree...that we saw Randy [not yet Dirty Randy] doing more behind the bench in Montreal than we witnessed Dirty Ron perform in almost 4 years of aggravated inactivity.

Randy is involved and recognizes [and therefore manually charts] the reasons for why something negative has occured. He then points it out to whomever should be made aware...visually. Dirty Ron just stood there like a deer caught in FOG LAMPS. [or yelled some insulting barrage of nonsense at the 'culprit[s]'...thus deriving little benefit from his 'method' of 'coaching'.]

I can't imagine what life would have been like having to put up with that constant derisive and divisive 'repartee' which exuded from Dirty Ron's lips on an ongoing basis.

The word dibilitative pops to mind.

[you'll notice that I have now officially registered instead of just running with a series of ever-changing numbers which never seem to add up]

mandree888 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 05:59:09
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Beans..Glen Healy would be a big upgrade from Ron ( moron ) Wilson
Its only been 1 game but when is the last time TO gave up 1 goal ??

as much as i want to say carlyle was responible for the 1 gaa that game i must say that i read a something on nhl.com that said that prior to being fired dirty ron ran the team through a rough practise that focused on defence.......... at the time carlyle (not carloly) didnt even have practise yet. i want to say carlyle was the reason but i dont think it was. i dont think he has had enough time to even show them his sytem that he likes to run. and the last time the leafs had only one goal against?
technically the last time was against the wild in a 4-1 win on Jan 19. but then there were the two shut outs by reimer in feb. to try to sya the carlyle is doing great by watching 1 game. is not possible.
mandree888 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 05:08:38
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

quote:

i wax expeting this to happen ( if at all) next season at the least. The fact that it happened now. Just wow. I personally think burke and carloly must say salvage the season or leads fans would call for both their heads. I personally think burke is thinking scrap the season and start over with a new coach and system.

I have to agree with this entire post, with the exception of all but the final sentence (still trying to decipher the rest, and who carloly is). Wilson is Burke's scapegoat. The season is lost.

rofl sorry about the code oil my phone is not the easiest to type stuff on.
n/a Posted - 03/05/2012 : 05:07:35
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4889

Slozo...I'm suprised...that it didn't happen a LONG time ago. Dirty Ron just wasn't made for these times. No way any top flight free agent was going to Toronto with Dirty Ron in tow. That Burke didn't make this move at the end of the 2009-10 season...or at least at the completion LAST 'year', in spite of the phantom finish...sits on HIS assessment report.

I'm not certain that Carlysle is the perfect man for the situation either but looking forward...pieces have to be added and/or changed so at least he'll have the chance to put his finger print on the direction Burke takes.

The Leafs need a first line centre and a top 6 power forward. They need a solid shut-down defenceman...and they either need a top flight goalie or a new goalie coach who has something other than a tombstone-like positioning philosophy only.

Those 4 pieces weren't coming. Not with Wilson behind the bench.

Now...let's see what 'Burkey' can pull out of his hat. We've already seen what he could pull out of his pants.

It'll be a miracle if they make the eastern top 8 this year. Next year? They better make it...and last at least a round in the search for the holy spitoon...or he'll be back sharing life's journey with Dirty Ron.

Lee Marshall

Great post, I totally agree.

As high as I have been on many things that Burke has done . . . it is, as you say, on HIM that he kept Wilson around for this year; extended his contract; and fired him too late to probably be of consequence in salvaging this year. Those are his poor decision - probably based more on his loyalty and friendship, then on pragmatism and hockey-sense.

I hope, going forward, that the newfound pressure that will surely turn its ugly head toward Burke if failure continues - I hope this new pressure still allows Burke to make the right moves for this hockey club.

OILINONTARIO Posted - 03/04/2012 : 19:31:32
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Its not that Burke has done a bad job with the leafs Oil...do you remember what he had to work with when he arrived there ??

What year was that?

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2013.
The Duke Posted - 03/04/2012 : 19:13:27
Its not that Burke has done a bad job with the leafs Oil...do you remember what he had to work with when he arrived there ??

Sundin not waiving his ntc really set the leafs back bigtime. His top line to bargain with was N. Antropov, M. Stagen and Pony...can you imagine ??

Kaberle was well...you judge, McCabe certainly was not an asset at the time, guys like Kubina ( 5m per) and Blake ( 5m per) were almost un - moveable. Then there was red light Raycroft.

Toronto at the time did not have 1 single blue chip prospect in the CHL or abroad in any league..NOT ONE !!!

Their AHL team didn`t have 1...NOT ONE player worth bringing up to the NHL !!!

Put yourself in that position with those assets to work with and think about what you would have to do to build an hockey team.

Right now the leafs are 3 - 4 peices away from being a really, really good hockey team.....

Their AHL team are 1st in their division with several players really coming into their own.

They do now have several CHL players who can possibly blossom into good NHL`ers

This turn - around took alot longer ( and is still taking place ) than many leaf fans thought, but it is happening.

No - one, not even Merlin can turn crap into gold. This was what was expected of Burke from many in leaf land. The future is brighter right now for the leafs than it has been in decades.....it may not seem that way with where they are in the standings....but they will get better over the next couple of seasons, you can bank on it.

Anyway, its off to the big - land in the morning, chat again in another month.
OILINONTARIO Posted - 03/04/2012 : 13:28:04
quote:

i wax expeting this to happen ( if at all) next season at the least. The fact that it happened now. Just wow. I personally think burke and carloly must say salvage the season or leads fans would call for both their heads. I personally think burke is thinking scrap the season and start over with a new coach and system.

I have to agree with this entire post, with the exception of all but the final sentence (still trying to decipher the rest, and who carloly is). Wilson is Burke's scapegoat. The season is lost.

Carlyle is not a savior. It's 'wait 'til next year' again, with a caveat.

Nobody told Brian Burke that Ron Wilson was no good until that Chicago game at the ACC. Actually, this is not true. It has probably been in his head for a long time that Dirty Ron (I like that, too!) was likely not the one to lead this team. He (DRon) is a close friend, and thus, was difficult to brush off.

Burkie took the route of saving face rather than ride out the season with the team and coach of his own devises. He even used the excuse that he wanted to spare Wilson's feelings after the anti-Wilson chants at ACC.

Nobody will blame Carlyle when the Leafs miss the playoffs. So Burke is off the hook. I can't help but wonder if the pressure of this market is actually getting to Burke. For a big talker, he seems to have softened recently.

Anyway, I have a prediction that might bother some Leafers.

"At some point prior to the year 2013, we will hear the ACC faithful chant, "FIRE BURKE"!

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2013.
The Duke Posted - 03/04/2012 : 09:52:11
Beans..Glen Healy would be a big upgrade from Ron ( moron ) Wilson
Its only been 1 game but when is the last time TO gave up 1 goal ??

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page