Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Buffalo
 Drury or Briere - who should Buffalo keep?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
slapshot Posted - 01/18/2007 : 09:58:17
Both are UFA's this summer. Buffalo can't afford to sign both, so who should they keep?
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
little-potato Posted - 05/20/2007 : 22:57:04
Drury... I think he's a better captain then Briere. Briere is more talented, but Drury has more leadership.
PainTrain Posted - 05/20/2007 : 22:03:46
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Trade Afinogenov, I love him but to win you need Briere and Drury. Trade Afinogenov for some draft picks and prospects and a gritty power forward. Also trade Spacek and Kallinin, if Ruff doesn't want to play them what's the point of having them, trade them for a big puck moving power play quarter back. And not Souray a guy who is reliable in the defensive end as well. Also why would you have Kotalik and play him on the 4th line, trade him for another gritty forward.

We need a good puck moving d-man to play with Campbell and two gritty forwards. Out of the power and gritty forwards they can get Bertuzzi, Smyth and even sign Zubrus back. With Afinogenov and Kotalik out of the line up Stafford and Paille can get some more playing time.

You make a pretty compelling argument about this Paintrain. I agree with pretty much everything you wrote.

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!

I want what's best for the team, and Afinogenov will be better on a new team he'll be known as there go to guy unlike in Buffalo where they have about 6 go to guys.
Guest6077 Posted - 05/20/2007 : 19:41:38
Briere takes alot of unnecessary penalties.
Keep Drury, Captain Clutch.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 05/20/2007 : 19:41:10
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Trade Afinogenov, I love him but to win you need Briere and Drury. Trade Afinogenov for some draft picks and prospects and a gritty power forward. Also trade Spacek and Kallinin, if Ruff doesn't want to play them what's the point of having them, trade them for a big puck moving power play quarter back. And not Souray a guy who is reliable in the defensive end as well. Also why would you have Kotalik and play him on the 4th line, trade him for another gritty forward.

We need a good puck moving d-man to play with Campbell and two gritty forwards. Out of the power and gritty forwards they can get Bertuzzi, Smyth and even sign Zubrus back. With Afinogenov and Kotalik out of the line up Stafford and Paille can get some more playing time.

You make a pretty compelling argument about this Paintrain. I agree with pretty much everything you wrote.

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!
PainTrain Posted - 05/20/2007 : 18:34:43

I would like to see the lines as this

Offense:

Hecht-Briere-Pomminville
Vanek-Connollly- Stafford
Roy-Drury-(One of the power forwards)
Mair-Gaustad-(And the other power forward)

Defence

Campbell-(The one d-man)
Numminen-Paetch
Tallinder-Lydman

That's what I would like to see.

Mikhailova Posted - 05/20/2007 : 17:44:29
Yeah...after the playoffs I may have to rethink this. Drury is Captain Clutch. Although Briere scores goals any time during the game, Drury can score them when they're most needed. He's always in the right place at the right time. Frankly, that can be more valuable. Had he not scored that goal against NYR with 8 seconds left, the Rangers would've taken the series lead 3-2, and who knows what would've happened later. Whether you win or lose a game or a series can be determined by clutch players, so keep Drury. There are others to score during the rest of the game, like Vanek (who's been quite the superstar at that this post-season), Hecht (who's also been on fire lately), and Afinogenov (who forced game 5 into OT in the first place). Not to say Briere isn't valuable to the team, he certainly is, but clutch players can make you instead of having the other team break you. They take over in case the usual goal-scorers fall back. All in all though, I wish they could both stay with Buffalo.
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/09/2007 : 20:18:11
Drury...Keep the CLUTCH man in effect

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
tctitans Posted - 05/09/2007 : 20:14:52
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0965

i'd say that there evenly skilled but breire is a younger player and could stay there longer, if they don't sign him, they might never get him back. he's also that captain of the team. dury is good and all but i'd go with briere

Dont bring age into it.. Briere is only 1 year younger. :p
and... Who's the captain? *boggle*
tctitans Posted - 05/09/2007 : 20:13:19
This is tough, but I will have to go with Drury. Briere is the better pure talent, but Drury makes the entire team better from what he does on and especially off the ice.
BGORDO Posted - 05/09/2007 : 20:07:21
briere does have a better moustache that drury.
jbraiter Posted - 03/28/2007 : 18:08:29
they should keep Briere he is an amazing player and a good playmaker
Guest0965 Posted - 03/28/2007 : 18:01:30
i'd say that there evenly skilled but breire is a younger player and could stay there longer, if they don't sign him, they might never get him back. he's also that captain of the team. dury is good and all but i'd go with briere
-oil-country- Posted - 02/25/2007 : 15:08:36
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

I think Briere but Drury a close second

Drury is the only other pick so he has to be second. But i think Briere because he is a great playmaker, can score and is great in the shootouts. Even though he is going to ask for more than Drury i think it's worth it.
Novie Posted - 02/23/2007 : 13:10:23
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

Did you see the hit that Phillips did on Drury that was brutal!!

Nice fight after though

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

It was Neil

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
1 Crosby fan Posted - 02/23/2007 : 13:00:20
I think Briere but Drury a close second
jbraiter Posted - 02/23/2007 : 12:16:08
What kind of question is that Briere all the way

Go canucks
semin-rules Posted - 02/20/2007 : 13:55:46
Great topic SS

I would have to say Briere becuase he isnt only a great player but he is the soul of the sabres!!

(even if he has to wear that ugly logo)

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Saku Steen Posted - 02/20/2007 : 12:41:01
I would say Briere because he has more talent then Drury, but its pretty close though.
Mikhailova Posted - 02/19/2007 : 16:05:48
It's a tough call, but I'd say Briere. He has more points and usually leads the team in goals (although now Drury is).
Blubberboy Posted - 02/18/2007 : 15:20:29
Breire no doubt

Go 'nuks
slapshot Posted - 01/18/2007 : 10:10:38
Well they probably could sign them both, but look what happened to Tampa with signing Richards, Lecavalier and St. Louis to massive contracts.

Briere currently makes $5 million and Drury $3.1 million. Both are due a raise and is could be argued that since Drury is making less now his raise should not be as significant as Briere's. For me it all depends on what they will be commanding on the open market. Briere will most likely see offers of $6 million and I would put Drury in the $4 - 4.5 million range.

Vanek is due for a raise as well and he is an important peice to the puzzle. The ultimate situation would be to convince all three to take a little less to stay with a winner, but we all know that will never happen.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page