Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Guerin into U.S. hall

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 07/26/2013 : 04:56:29
Penguins player developement coach (and former winger) Bill Guerin has been inducted into the U.S. hockey hall of fame. A nice honor; he was a solid professional player for many years, though I believe a bit short of making the HHOF.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/26/2013 : 10:47:18
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Ah, Dougie Weight. The last Oiler to crack 100 pts in a season and that was a very distance 20 years ago.

On a side note, he was also an epic legend in the Edmonton club scene in the mid-90's. It would be a common sight to see Dougie and Guerin or Arnott or any number of other Oilers are certain Edmonton establishments. Often two-fisting pitchers of beer and with a plethora of airheaded puck bunnies in tow.

He was an idol both on and off the ice. A deserving honour for a great 'player'.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Hey you never know Beans . . . some of those puck-bunnies could have been studying to be a doctor!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Beans15 Posted - 07/26/2013 : 07:43:04
Ah, Dougie Weight. The last Oiler to crack 100 pts in a season and that was a very distance 20 years ago.

On a side note, he was also an epic legend in the Edmonton club scene in the mid-90's. It would be a common sight to see Dougie and Guerin or Arnott or any number of other Oilers are certain Edmonton establishments. Often two-fisting pitchers of beer and with a plethora of airheaded puck bunnies in tow.

He was an idol both on and off the ice. A deserving honour for a great 'player'.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

n/a Posted - 07/26/2013 : 07:03:49
Also inducted in the US Hockey Hall of Fame was Doug Weight.

Weight with the Oilers had three seasons of over a point per game, and emerged as a premier playmaker during that time. He was never the same after that hit in the boards in the finals though. Good player, good leader, and he had a brief period of being a top player.

Guerin . . . was a solid player, who never had the "high end" that Weight had, despite his 41 goal season with the Bruins. He was a solid pro, who sort of became a hired gun in his career, becoming the first player to score 20 goals with 7 different teams. Sometimes it just works out like that I guess . . . because I never heard anything bad about Guerin, other than he was a solid dressing room guy (he was the captain of the Islanders for a couple of years).

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page