Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 James Neal - Oct 2013 injury status

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The_Gipper Posted - 10/21/2013 : 09:58:55
does anyone know how much longer he's expected to be out?
i took him in my pool this year with the knowledge that he had an injury, but that he'd only be out for a couple of weeks.

i have a small window in my pool in which i'm allowed to make a couple of trades at no extra charge. when the window closes, trades cost an additional $20 a pop. so if he's going to be out for an extended period, then i'd like to take advantage of the free trade option.

its not a keeper pool. just your basic 1 year straight up pick 'em type. nothing fancy. if i do trade him, my only other options to replace him are: Pacioretty (injured), Parise, Tlusty, Marchand, & Elias.
do I keep Neal with the hope that by season's end he'll have outscored each of these guys? or dump him because he's going to end up costing me too much in the long run?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 10/21/2013 : 14:18:03
In that case, you may be better off sticking it out with Neal and hoping for that 80-90pt pace upon his return as Parise certainly doesn't appear to have an 80+ point season ahead of him (at least not if his early play is any indication?).
The_Gipper Posted - 10/21/2013 : 13:24:56
it's not a draft pool. just a straight forward a pick 'em sheet, and Neal and Parise are in the same grouping under left wingers.

unlike most "experts", i pegged Neal for an 80 - 90 pt season playing alongside Malkin and getting minutes on the Pens top PP unit. which is why i'm having a tough time deciding whether or not to let him go. :-(
Alex116 Posted - 10/21/2013 : 12:06:10
Gipper, how big's your pool that Z. Parise didn't get picked??? I've heard Neal will be out for a couple more weeks at minimum so you'd have to base your decision at least partly on that. How effective will he be upon his return and will a guy like Parise be better if you grabbed him today??? They were both pegged for 65-70 points i believe in most "prediction" mags/online polls however Parise's not off to a hot start with just 5pts in 9 games?
Tough call.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page