Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Buffalo
 New Logo

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oil guy Posted - 10/14/2006 : 09:13:10
Does every on really think the new logo is that bad?

Myself I think it is far from the league worst, which I have read in a few different places.

What about Atlantas Chicken in a whirlwind? Is that what a thrasher is?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mikhailova Posted - 12/23/2006 : 17:52:05
I agree--to the first part and to the fact that Buffalo's looks goofy
Hairy slugs do not resemble buffalos.
Beans15 Posted - 12/23/2006 : 11:33:10
I think part of what makes a logo look good is the jersey it is on. For instance, I dig the sharks logo, but I think it would lose some appeal if it were on, say, Montreal's jersey. Same as the Oilers 3rd logo wouldn't look as good on a white jersey. That one of the reasons I like the Thrashers logo, it looks great on that powder blue color.

However, some logo's are just horrible. Kinda like Buffalo's. It looks goofy to me.
Mikhailova Posted - 12/23/2006 : 10:15:00
quote:
Originally posted by oil guy

What about Atlantas Chicken in a whirlwind? Is that what a thrasher is?

A thrasher is some type of bird. It's apparently Georgia's state bird.

[img]http://www.rlep.org/images/bird_Brown_thrasher.jpg[/img]
semin-rules Posted - 12/22/2006 : 19:53:40
i think there new jerseys are terrible!! its like a mouse running with horns and the old ones look way more like a saber. red black and silver were much better than blue and yellow. its not intimidating at all

ewwww
[img]http://bfloblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/Sabres_Jersey.bmp[/img]

Mikhailova Posted - 12/15/2006 : 13:31:17
I think they outta go back to those old red jerseys with the crossed swords. Their mascot is a SABRE not a Buffalo.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/13/2006 : 17:05:35
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

Why did they go with this logo. The old blue jerseys they wear as a third should be worn all of the time.

Sabres = Hamster with horns
Canucks = Constipated Whale

LOL
framer87 Posted - 12/13/2006 : 14:42:41
quote:

Why did they go with this logo. The old blue jerseys they wear as a third should be worn all of the time.

LOL good one

Go pens
semin-rules Posted - 12/08/2006 : 16:35:10
yeah personally i dislike the logo alot the old one was way more buffalo like and look cooler and the colours were better i think black was the bets choice not blue and yellow
Mikhailova Posted - 11/04/2006 : 07:21:35
quote:

LOL that's hilarious!

And it does also kinda look like a slug. Someone on another hockey forum thinks it looks like a snail. Basically, anything but a buffalo.
bablaboushka Posted - 11/01/2006 : 20:41:05
I would associate the Sabres logo with a curled-up slug.
pucker Posted - 11/01/2006 : 15:33:44

luckyluc Posted - 11/01/2006 : 13:26:27
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

I don't really like the new logo. It looks like a hamster with horns or something

lol...thats funny
Mikhailova Posted - 11/01/2006 : 12:42:01
I don't really like the new logo. It looks like a hamster with horns or something
lyall Posted - 10/22/2006 : 23:41:30
I like the Jersey's, but the logo it's self is terrible. It looks like a slug. I like how the have the number's on the front on the shoulder. I perfer the new jeresy's with the old style logo. I think most of the old logos in the NHL are better. Why do all the new logos have to look like they're moving really fast? As for NJ, I say keep the logo & bring back the green pants.
oil guy Posted - 10/14/2006 : 11:01:17
No, I do not think it is that bad either, or Atlantas but just never really got it.

I think that all the teams should have a third jersey even old die hards like the leafs and habs.
bablaboushka Posted - 10/14/2006 : 09:34:59
I don't think they are THAT bad. Most people are skeptical about any change. It seems to me that most of the people who are upset over the logo change are babyboomers who are used to more traditional-looking jerseys like the Leafs, Canadiens, etc. The thing is that we've entered into a more modern style of hockey and with that will come more modern-looking jerseys, such as the Oilers' third, the Rangers' third, the Ducks, the Dallas third, etc.

By the way, I love the Thrashers' jersey. If you asked me why, I couldn't tell you, but there's just something about it that rubs me the right way.

The next team that I think should redo their jerseys, or come out with a tasteful alternate is ironically New Jersey.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page