Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 Why do the Capitals lose in OT all the time?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leigh Posted - 11/21/2006 : 13:24:17
The Washington Capitals record in their first 20 games is 8-6-6. That is an unusually skewed number of OT/SO losses. Highest in the league in fact. What factor contributes to that? Bad goaltending? Road jitters? What? I haven't seen enough Cap games to know.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PainTrain Posted - 03/05/2007 : 09:10:33
No trust me they win in OT ok my father and i do sports select every saturday and we put four ties down and thats 1500$ about so we have all 3 in the shootout and then Capitals win in Ot with 17.5 seconds left Semin scored Semin took away 1500$ away from me

GO Sabres Go!!!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 12/15/2006 : 13:29:37
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the abilty to play well under pressure a big part of what makes a player amazing?

Sounds right to me
lyall Posted - 12/09/2006 : 12:06:54
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the abilty to play well under pressure a big part of what makes a player amazing?
semin-rules Posted - 12/08/2006 : 16:42:54
my guess to why they lose all the time is because they play bad under pressure yeah kolzig is a goog goalie but hes not good under pressure same wiht ovechkin hes an amazing player but he plays bad under pressure

i may be wrong but thats just my opinion
Guest4044 Posted - 11/27/2006 : 15:53:58
No killer instinct. they play just enough to be in it, but not enough to win. Get Ovechkin off this team before he becomes used to losing.
Mikhailova Posted - 11/24/2006 : 17:42:14
quote:
Originally posted by lyall
I just read that Mikhailova is a Caps fan. Any imput?

I haven't seen many Caps games cuz they're all blacked out to anyone in a 100-mile radius to DC. (Or, errrr....160.9 km radius since most people here are Canadian ) Anyway, I can guess; as for OT, Kolzig is an older goalie and maybe he just gets tired out towards the end of the game. Or maybe the players, knowing they only have 5 minutes to score, rush and do a slipshod job and aren't very accurate. Or maybe the oppostie--maybe they're just slow to score. As for SO, maybe the majority of the players are just flat-out bad at shoot-outs
lyall Posted - 11/21/2006 : 21:53:41
Leigh that's is a good question. Sadly I don't have the answer. But I also would like to know. Kolzig is a pretty good goalie & with Simon, Zubrus &.... ummm.... that other guy.....Oh yeah Ovechkin(haha, I'm funny) Shooting; on paper they should be winning. But you will read this and be dissapointed that I just basicly repeated your question....

I just read that Mikhailova is a Caps fan. Any imput?
leigh Posted - 11/21/2006 : 16:12:47
Thanks nuckh8tr. but that doesn't answer my question. I asked why they have so many? Is there a reason they have triple the league average at the 1/4 way mark? that is practically a third of their games going to, and then being lost in OT or SO.
Guest6916 Posted - 11/21/2006 : 15:41:50
I blame Ovechkin
NuckH8R Posted - 11/21/2006 : 14:44:42
I dont really see the significance - its just a stat. Anaheim has 5 OT/SO losses and they are First in the West. Washington has 6 and they are Ninth in the East. Last year Boston led the league with 16 OT/SO losses. I dont think it means squat.

--Gaborik, Demitra, Rolston--

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page