Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 What's Wrong With The Senators?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Antroman Posted - 11/22/2007 : 22:16:31
The Senators can't seem to win lately. They have lost the last four out of five I think it is? Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal and Pittsburg have all beaten them recently. Maybe they have just lost their edge after the big start or is it something else?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest5429 Posted - 11/05/2008 : 19:03:45
quote:
Originally posted by fanoleaf

It is simple who cares!!!!!!!!!

They Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They must think they are in the playoffs again!!!!!!!!!!

Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!

Funniest thing ever!! A leafs fan mocking somebody for being in the playoffs. Wow! If my memory serves me, last year was not 1967 nor is this year. Might want to check your calendar.
fanoleaf Posted - 11/05/2008 : 18:27:20
It is simple who cares!!!!!!!!!

They Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They must think they are in the playoffs again!!!!!!!!!!

Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!

Alex Posted - 12/06/2007 : 17:40:07
He smashed Heatley up and has thus broken all ties with the franchise. I don't think he has any hard feelings against them... it was more of a statement. He has moved on with his career.

Habs get number 25 this year
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/06/2007 : 16:33:10
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2918

FINALLY A WIN. MAYBE THE PROBLEM ARE OVER IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE FINALLY BACKING A #1 GOALTENDER AND REDDEN IS FINALLY MAKING THE PLAYS HE CAN. ITS LIKE HE KNOW'S HES GOTTA GET HIS STOCK UP BEFORE TRADE DEADLINE. I WANT CHARA BACK IN A SENS UNIFORM

Not gonna happen.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Guest2918 Posted - 12/06/2007 : 15:28:05
FINALLY A WIN. MAYBE THE PROBLEM ARE OVER IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE FINALLY BACKING A #1 GOALTENDER AND REDDEN IS FINALLY MAKING THE PLAYS HE CAN. ITS LIKE HE KNOW'S HES GOTTA GET HIS STOCK UP BEFORE TRADE DEADLINE. I WANT CHARA BACK IN A SENS UNIFORM
Alex Posted - 12/06/2007 : 14:53:22
Yup. But I don't think their problems are over.

nashvillepreds Posted - 12/06/2007 : 08:54:45
Tadda! the Sens won and with who in net? Emery!

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
PuckNuts Posted - 12/05/2007 : 18:49:39
To me when you are winning games because the goalie is playing well, it is easy to start loosing.

If one of their top three forwards stopped scoring, I think that they would be Okay, gut the goalie, he has to play well...

Look a Brodeur in NJ, he started off very slow, and so did the team.

As soon a Brodeur pick up his game so came the wins for NJ.

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Alex Posted - 12/05/2007 : 18:45:59
Good point, I didn't realize that PuckNuts.

Wow this is intense, more so than I thought. It seems like the entire team can not get into their grove!

PuckNuts Posted - 12/05/2007 : 18:32:00
He has played in 6 out of the last seven games, two games he replaced Gerber, but they still have not won in seven.

One of the two goalies needs to step up, and play better, or Ottawa will keep on loosing.

They could recall Elliot, one game played, one win, one goal against...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Alex Posted - 12/05/2007 : 18:03:22
You can't split up the top line. I think that won't work. It's been tried. Why tamper with their playing style, when it is the rest of the team that has to play better?
Emery should be playing. He carried this team last year and they are losing without him.

nashvillepreds Posted - 12/05/2007 : 14:30:50
Emery played well yesterday. Same with the Sens top line, as usual. The slumping Sens include: Fisher, Vermette and Robataille, who I believe are there second line. Like Pucknuts said, the other few lines aren't that good. Maybe its time to split up the top line again.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
PuckNuts Posted - 12/05/2007 : 09:41:44
After the top three players on Ottawa, who do they have that can score on a consistant basis. Not anyone really, there next group of players are no better than the Leafs 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines.

At the start of the season Ottawa was winning because Gerber played way above his abilities. Now that he is playing within his capabilities Ottawa can not win, and they will stay on this loosing streak untill either Gerber, or Emery step up their game...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Antroman Posted - 12/05/2007 : 09:06:42
Maybe Ottawa has just used up all their "kicks at the cat". Maybe their cat has finally died on them and the Stanley will stay the elusive dream. At least they have managed to come back to the pack and are making the race interesting again? I think they will win their next game as they came ever so close last night against TB? They definitely need Volchenkov back as he is big time missed for sure. They say when you are entering a slump you win a couple you should have lost and on exiting a slump you lose a couple you should of won. Relax Ottawa fans it is almost over........I think?
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/05/2007 : 06:19:19
As captain Danied Alfredsson admitted last night, "I think we're in a slump." This is the first time the sens have lost 7 straight since march of 1996!

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Alex Posted - 12/04/2007 : 15:23:27
It's true. They are tampering with issues that are above them. I believe that Emery could be rivalling the general play of Nabokov and Lundqvist right now if he were started on a nightly basis.

That being said, there is an advantage to keeping the pressure on him to produce and letting him know that he can be replaced. Luckily. he has responded well to that as far as now. Hopefully that precious balance remains intact.

nashvillepreds Posted - 12/03/2007 : 15:29:11
I say Emery, there's a reason he's getting paid 4 mil. He's their franchise goaltender.

It's funny, every year since the lockout, the sens have tried to start another goalie in Emery's place. Hasek in 05/06 got injured and the sens turned it over to Emery and last year, Gerber played badly and Emery stepped in. now they try and start Gerber again, when will thay ever learn that Emery is their go to guy?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Alex Posted - 12/03/2007 : 15:26:59
This is another question, but who should they be playing?

nashvillepreds Posted - 12/03/2007 : 15:26:12
Montreal has a great starter and a great, young back-up. That's what the sens are missing right now, they're scoring at the same pace but they're up 2.2 goals against per game from their first 19.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Alex Posted - 12/03/2007 : 15:24:20
OK, it's not like if Kipper or Nabokov or even Cujo was in net they would have had no chance. But you're right, having a consistent goalie is rare. The Sens are missing that and so are the Wings, to be honest.

The only team with a goalie controvery who in my mind has stellar goaltending night after night is Montreal.

nashvillepreds Posted - 12/03/2007 : 15:22:17
Even with trap. even if they had Nabokov in net, would they have won their division a couple years ago?

I think there's a reason the devils have won all their stanley cups.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Alex Posted - 12/03/2007 : 15:20:37
That's not entirely true. Now it is.

But when they had the masterful trap going, he barely faced half the shots he does now. Devils have always been defence first. Other teams adopted that style, and personally, that's what made hockey a lot more boring to watch in the lasst decade or so.

nashvillepreds Posted - 12/03/2007 : 15:15:18
New Jersey's secret to success: BRODEUR!

Without him playing well, they can't make the playoffs.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Alex Posted - 12/03/2007 : 15:12:24
In the last little while? ESPECIALLY New Jersey? For about a decade, since they rebuilt and started playing the trap under whats-his-face.

Brodeur, Stevens, Neidermayer, Gomez, Gionta, Elias, Langenbruner, Madden, Parise, Pandolfo. Plus all those who retired. What team instantly pops to mind. I bet you can't name two guys on this list who played for another team without looking it up.

Neidermayer don't count. That was just to be with his bro.

I know Stevens retired. But I had to include him.

nashvillepreds Posted - 12/03/2007 : 15:07:11
Buffalo and New Jersey aren't teams I would put under the "winning" catergory.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Alex Posted - 12/03/2007 : 15:04:35
That's a good point.

All the winning teams remain consistent. Buffallo hadn't had any big trades for a while before they dished off their co-captains. New Jersey has stayed the same other than guys retiring and bringing in draft picks. Detroit has remained intact. San Jose since the Thornton trade has been the same. Ottawa too, until this goalie problem. You gotta know who your team is, and have chemistry follow suit.

nashvillepreds Posted - 12/03/2007 : 12:23:14
I think the sens just have to pick a goalie and ride with him. If they keep alternating every night,neither of them will get into a grove.

I will take a few games, but either Emery or Gerber will start playing well again, just give one of them a chance.

I'd go with Emery.

GO PREDATORS GO
Guest2918 Posted - 12/03/2007 : 07:59:20
IM A BIG OTTAWA FAN AND THERE IS LARGER ISSUES THAN THE CAPTAIN INJURED HERE. REDDEN WHO USUALLY CAPTAINS THE POWERPLAY WITH A POINT SHOT AND GOOD POSITIONING ISNT PLAYING LIKE HE HAS IN THE PAST, PROBABLY CONTRACT ISSUES. GERBER GOOD GOALTENDER BUT NOT CONSISTANT. EMERY NOT THE HORSE I WOULD RIDE TO THE PLAYOFFS. PAST THE ONE TRICK HORSE #1 LINE NOT DEEP IN OFFENSE ON #2-3 LINES. AGAIN I AM A BIG FAN BUT THEY GOTTA GET DEPTH ON #2 AND TRADE OR SOW UP REDDEN. THE GOALTENDER CONTROVERSY HAS TO GET SOLVED, WHO'S #1.
Alex Posted - 12/03/2007 : 06:49:02
Alfie did shake them up.

It's the whole morale issue. Spezza left, they were winning. Without your captain, we see how different the story is.

nashvillepreds Posted - 12/03/2007 : 06:46:11
I'm not saying they're conceited.

If Ovechkin can be over confident after scoring 2 goals and his team getting beaten, I think the sens can be confident that they are doing well.

Either way, Alfie's injury really shook them up regardless of how much time he missed.

GO PREDATORS GO
Alex Posted - 12/02/2007 : 18:26:27
They played their hearts out every game. They didn't show any signs of confidence on or off the ice.

Please explain why everyone thinks they are confident. Just because a team is doing well and everyone is jumping the bandwagon, doesnt mean they go conceited.

Kipper for Lundqvist?
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/02/2007 : 18:22:51
They were actually very confident before Alfie got injured, that really rocked the team and now they just can't seem to find the momentum they need.

GO PREDATORS GO
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/02/2007 : 18:05:49
Any normal interview. I'm not talking about Owens or Iverson or the game 7.

Listen to most of the players now, what do they say?

They just repeat the same thing over and over again.

GO PREDATORS GO
Alex Posted - 12/02/2007 : 18:03:03
Allen Iverson and his comment about practice? Terrel Owens?

Messier saying game 7 is their's? I dont think so.

Kipper for Lundqvist?
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:56:59
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Not at NHL level

Just listen to their interviews. They aren't confident. They are casual. Because when you play your hockey, you win games. Teams under pressure can't do that. They lose.

Kipper for Lundqvist?

In every sport they all say the same thing during interviews. You can't depend on interviews. The typical interview.

Repoter: How is your team going to step up and win this next game?

Player: You know uh, we just gotta stick to the gameplan and uh, work with the whple team here.

Reporter: How is the atmosphere on your team right now?

Player: Well uh, you know uh, we're all pretty psyched for this one and we just gotta play well.

Whether it's footbal, hockey, soccer, baseball, basketball, whatever the sport, this is the reply you're going to get.

GO PREDATORS GO
Alex Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:54:31
Trust me. It's the reason for their success.

Look at a team like the Pens. There, you have a case. A bunch of young guns fresh out of junior take a team from last to fifth

There, you have a case.

Crosby, Malkin, Armstrong, Orpik, Christensin, Talbot, Fleury...

Yeah, overconfident. Not Ottawa, no siree.

Kipper for Lundqvist?
Jeremy12 Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:52:27
Everyone talks like that during interviews
I understand what your saying but...

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
Alex Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:49:39
Not at NHL level

Just listen to their interviews. They aren't confident. They are casual. Because when you play your hockey, you win games. Teams under pressure can't do that. They lose.

Kipper for Lundqvist?
Jeremy12 Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:46:44
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

They're not too confident

If anything, they lost all confidence

Alfie got injured they lost. They tried to go back to basics, and lost their natural instinct and cool and collected playing style. And now they feel pressured and can't play with a 10 game cushion anymore. It's a hole, but they'll climb out

Kipper for Lundqvist?

He was out for one game
and you can get to confident because once you go on win streaks like that then you think its a automatic win the next game

Jeremy12 Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:45:42
He was out for one game

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page