Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Alex Burrows Back-to-back Hattys

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Canucks Man Posted - 01/08/2010 : 00:48:36
Tonight Alex Burrows got a Hat Trick for the second striaght game, first time since a 50 goal scorer named Kovelchuk did it back in 07, I just felt it deserved some recongnition here.!!!!

CANUCKS RULE!!!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 02/15/2010 : 09:27:53
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2998

The Russian hockey players champions!!! 2008,2009,well and 2010.Canada not on teeth Alexander Great

Welcome to Canada. It's easy to spot an Olympic visitor when i see posts like this! I'm coming downtown tonight. Where are you staying, maybe we could meet up for a beer?
Guest2998 Posted - 02/15/2010 : 09:24:49
The Russian hockey players champions!!! 2008,2009,well and 2010.Canada not on teeth Alexander Great
Canucks Man Posted - 01/08/2010 : 13:08:17
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4813

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

CM....any idea who the last Canuck was to do it?? MY buddy immediately texted me saying it's prob never been done? Main reason for this, we have Sedin, Sedin, Burrows in our pool..............

Without looking it up, know the answer? I'll give you a clue, not BURE!

It was Petr Shriko (sp) in 86 and I no that because they annouced it during the game. I knew that he had done back to back hat tricks, but i thought Bure or Mogilny might have as well.

btw I posted this

CANUCKS RULE!!!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/08/2010 : 12:52:06
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Was surprised when I read this on CBC.ca this morning and thought about commenting on it. Really didn't think Burrows name would ever be beside a team record for goal scoring and have never considered him a goal scorer before today. Have I not watched enough Canucks games? Has this team turned a corner? I had thought this team for just playoff bubble potential. Everything I have been reading about them lately suggest the are a contender in the west. Gonna have to watch a few Canucks games I guess and see the chemistry on the top line.

ya i guess you guys on the east coast dont get to watch many western games, this team has always been a contender since opening day, If Canada has any chance of having one of their teams bring home the Cup it lays in the Hands of Vancouver or Calgary (which also may be the best rivalry at the moment in hockey, big game tomorrow!) and to add to it all Henrik is tops in the league in points 3 ahead of the almighty Joe thornton

East coast like Red Deer, guest. No, I just haven't had lots of primetime free time to watch NHL this year. Most of my information has come from Pub TV, Highlights and sportshows this year. Have yet to catch a live game in 2009-10. I am making time as the season is progressing
Alex116 Posted - 01/08/2010 : 12:46:26
I too assumed Bure had prob done this, but no, it was Skriko!

FWIW.... I heard on the radio this morning that no one has EVER had back to back to back hat tricks! Now, do i think Burrows will be the first (they play here vs Calgary tomorrow night)? No, but i guess he's got a better shot at being the first than ANYONE else right now?

Joshua...i hope the game or games you see, if you catch a few Nucks games, are ones where the top line is clicking like they are right now. I've been saying for the past couple years that the Sedins have finally started to put it all together. There's shifts where their line has the puck the entire time in the other teams end! It's not unusual for this to happen on more than one occasion in a game as well! They don't always end up with a goal, but often do. They really have a strange chemistry and seem to be able to know where one another are without looking!

Having said that, did i expect Henrik to be leading the league in scoring at the half way point? NOPE. It's great to see him up there, but it prob won't be long before Ovie cruises by him. I'll enjoy it while it lasts and barring injury, he's almost certain to get inton that 100 pt range!
Guest4803 Posted - 01/08/2010 : 12:43:21
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Was surprised when I read this on CBC.ca this morning and thought about commenting on it. Really didn't think Burrows name would ever be beside a team record for goal scoring and have never considered him a goal scorer before today. Have I not watched enough Canucks games? Has this team turned a corner? I had thought this team for just playoff bubble potential. Everything I have been reading about them lately suggest the are a contender in the west. Gonna have to watch a few Canucks games I guess and see the chemistry on the top line.

ya i guess you guys on the east coast dont get to watch many western games, this team has always been a contender since opening day, If Canada has any chance of having one of their teams bring home the Cup it lays in the Hands of Vancouver or Calgary (which also may be the best rivalry at the moment in hockey, big game tomorrow!) and to add to it all Henrik is tops in the league in points 3 ahead of the almighty Joe thornton
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/08/2010 : 09:26:08
Guest9836 Posted - 01/08/2010 : 06:33:26
24 years... nice. I would have thought the dreaded Naslund - Morisson - Bertuzzi combo would have had a shot at that.
Guest0196 Posted - 01/08/2010 : 05:06:42
Petri Skriko was the name. It's worth noting that he actually recorded three hat tricks in eight days for the 'Nucks in 1986. I guess Mr. Burrows still has some work to do! Lol.
n/a Posted - 01/08/2010 : 04:39:43
I had slipped down to third in my hockey pool which gives a bunch of extra points for hattricks . . . and guees who's back in contention and who has Burrows?!?

That's right, me!

Now if only Franzen could come back and Kovalchuk could start scoring again, I might get back into first . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest4813 Posted - 01/08/2010 : 01:37:34
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

CM....any idea who the last Canuck was to do it?? MY buddy immediately texted me saying it's prob never been done? Main reason for this, we have Sedin, Sedin, Burrows in our pool..............

It was Petr Shriko (sp) in 86 and I no that because they annouced it during the game. I knew that he had done back to back hat tricks, but i thought Bure or Mogilny might have as well.
Alex116 Posted - 01/08/2010 : 01:08:50

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page