Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Which Edmonton Rookie Will Score The Most Goals?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
semin-rules Posted - 10/08/2010 : 17:21:39
The Edmonton Oilers clearly have some rookie talent, but which one will score more goals in the 2010/2011 campaign?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Yewcandoit Posted - 12/07/2010 : 16:23:49
Wow, 300 results on this poll.

I picked Hall, took him a little longer to get out of the gate, but he's starting to show.
foolpittier Posted - 12/07/2010 : 14:46:43
i'm going with hall, at the beginning of the season it would have been eberle but now i see him with most total points, maybe even on the team
Guest4178 Posted - 12/07/2010 : 11:00:50
OMG – I just realized the date of this original posting. (And the date of most replies.)

Now I understand why most people picked Eberle. I may have considered him 6-8 weeks ago too. It's easy to pick Hall today, which I'm sure most people would do if given the chance to vote again!
Guest4178 Posted - 12/07/2010 : 10:48:34
I pick Hall with an exclamation point!

When looking at the stats, here's how they currently measure up:

Hall: 9 goals on 66 shots (13.6%)
Eberle: 5 goals on 48 shots (10.4%)
Paajarvi: 2 goals on 47 shots (4.3%)
(Paarjarvi did score a hat-trick in the pre-season though.)

But it's not because of the stats that I predict Hall! I've caught all but 2 or 3 Oilers games, and while each of the above rookies have improved, Hall is showing the most improvement. (And maybe he should, because he's the youngest of the three players.)

He's explosive on the ice, and he's starting to shoot the puck more often, which is evidenced by the number of shots he's taken. I think the coaches have told him to shoot more, so the goals will follow.

Now if you asked who was going to get more points this season, that's a toss-up (IMO) between Hall and Eberle!
Guest5655 Posted - 12/07/2010 : 08:14:33
I picked Eberle, and so did most people obviously, but 24 games in I think many people would switch to Hall...He is coming on strong!
irvine Posted - 10/15/2010 : 17:44:01
I believe Eberle will lead in goals (of the three rookies mentioned), but Hall will lead the three in total points (and likely assists).

It's not that I have no love for Paajarvi, but, I don't think he'll do as well as Eberle or Hall this season.

Irvine/prez.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 10/13/2010 : 22:46:27
I was at the pre season game where Paajarvi got his Hat Trick, and it was impressive.

But in the the Oil's home opener Eberle showed me that he is in fact a mystical time traveling ninja. Soo... I vote him.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Guest8973 Posted - 10/13/2010 : 15:22:31
Eberle is the real deal , he might even be better than both Paajarvi and Hall combined

FLAMES SUK

GO OILERS

Chronic Destroyers out
semin-rules Posted - 10/09/2010 : 15:25:27
Okay thanks admin ! I will tidy it up :D
thanks for putting it up on the homepage to !!

And FYI slozo, sometimes I get a little excited !! Is that a problem?!
n/a Posted - 10/09/2010 : 12:37:17
Hey! Semin-rules! Great Question!!!

One thing though!?

Do! You! Shout! When! You! Talk?!?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
admin Posted - 10/09/2010 : 12:32:34
Hey Semin,

Would have loved to put this poll on the feature page but it doesn't meet the requirements (too much opinion within the poll question) If you tidy it up and add your opinions to a separate post I'll put it on the home page. Great question though!

Home page poll format info can be found here: http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3485

Cheers!
Admin
ToXXiK1 Posted - 10/09/2010 : 09:21:58
I picked Ebz, only because i've seen more of him over the years than the other 2.
nuxfan Posted - 10/08/2010 : 17:31:58
I have Paajarvi in 3 of my 5 pools this year, so I'm hoping for him. Picked him up in the last round of all 3.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page