|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 12/13/2007 : 19:59:46
Mike Richards of the Philadelphia Flyers has signed a 12 year extension:
"Richards and the Flyers have agreed on a 12-year, $68.4 million contract extension, meaning Richards will be wearing black and orange through the 2019-20 season. Beginning in 2008-09, Richards will count $5.7 million against the Flyers’ salary cap. He is making $942,400 this season, the last on his three-year entry contract."
|3 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 12/14/2007 : 16:15:29
1) Locked up for basically his career.
2) Cap room is easier as you know that $5.7 million is locked for 12 years.
3) Potential is enormous. If he continues to improve, he would be a top 10 player in the league for a long time.
4) If the Cap increases, and players are making $10+million a year, Richard's is still getting $5.7 million
5) The player is likely to sign a for sure contract for $68+ million. Security over rick
6) If he turns out to be gold, he will not be untradeable with a Brad Richard's type contract.
1) The team takes all the risk. He turns out to be a bum, or gets injured, the team is stuck with the contract.
Although I am sure there are out clauses and insurances involved to protect the team a bit. In the end, it's a huge risk.
The GM either turns out to be a Genius or a complete knob. This is a job saver or a career ender for the GM.
Let's wait and see what happens.
Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
||Posted - 12/14/2007 : 15:50:52
I don't know, 12 years is a long time...............a lot can happen between now and then.
I hope for their sake that they made the right decision.
||Posted - 12/14/2007 : 14:13:43
Well I think that means the Flyers really like him and want him long term. He is a great two way player and future Captain of the Flyers. Good signing, let's just hope he doesn't slow down after getting all this money!