Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Sedin twins.... Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  11:47:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love'em or hate'em, you have to respect them as people / citizens even if you don't respect them as players, at least you should after reading this!

Yes, i'm a Canucks fan and i do like these guys, but in no way am i trying to convince other people to like them. I just think that what they've done is truly amazing in this day and age of multi millionaire athletes, especially considering that Vancouver and Canada for that matter, aren't even their true home towns. I'm sure others have done similar things in other cities, i just thought i'd put this out there in case it's not news in other cities.

http://www.theprovince.com/business/fp/Sedins+donate+million+toward+Children+Hospital/2668424/story.html

Edited by - willus3 on 03/14/2010 09:43:48

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  11:57:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are finally right on something!!! Until today I have hated the Sedin twins for their p**** style of play. I will never speak ill of them again. That makes three Canucks (Luongo our home and native goalie!) that I can never speak ill of again......but, you still have Kesler who hates you Alex 116, and every other Canadian, and Burrows who needs no explanation on.
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These guys really are a class act. Get rid of Kesler and I may have to cheer for the Canucks in teh playoffs!

Unless they're playin' my Hawks of course!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man those guys do everything together!!! Good on them and Canuck fans should be proud.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

CoreteztheKiller
Top Prospect

11 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  14:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sedins are class both on and off the ice. Really don't see how anyone can hate on them.

On the ice the last couple years they have taken their game to another level, their back-and-forth cycling I think is just fun to watch (unless your team is the one who can't knock them off the puck)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  03:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a pretty serious chunk of change, and well above the usual donation by millionnaire athletes. Very nice gesture indeed.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  10:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CoreteztheKiller

Sedins are class both on and off the ice. Really don't see how anyone can hate on them.

On the ice the last couple years they have taken their game to another level, their back-and-forth cycling I think is just fun to watch (unless your team is the one who can't knock them off the puck)

Well said, exactly my thoughts. They are world class persons on and off the ice. And this just prove their off ice commitment to the community.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page