Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Will Malkin Beat Ovechkin? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  17:56:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Malkin is 42 games into his first NHL season and he has 52 points (24-28) It didn't hurt getting 5 assists against Toronto last week! Well with 36 games left for him this season, will he reach Ovechkins rookie mark of 106 points last year? Or for that matter will he even reach Crosby's 102?

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  18:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No. I heard somewhere Malkin will be better then Ovechkin but Ovie seems soo much more explosive then Malkin is. But if he gets some decent powerplay time with Crosby, you never no.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 01/23/2007 15:33:29
Go to Top of Page

Guest0180
( )

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  18:39:20  Reply with Quote
52 points in 42 games is pretty impressive. My gut tells me that Malkin has a chance of beating Ovechkin, but my head tells me that Malkin will not beat Ovechkin. It would be pretty hard to beat him. But I hope Malkin doesn't beat him, Ovechkin is one of the best out there and he is in my pool, so im staying loyal to Ovechkin.

- Guest0180
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  19:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see Malkin without Crosby.
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  19:49:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya if Crosby wasn't on his team he'd probably have like 30-40 points. But back to topic i think he will get about 90-100 points but not better than Ovechkin.

Edited by - -oil-country- on 01/23/2007 14:52:08
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  11:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malkin's impressive no doubt, and if he continues at his rate of about 50 points in half a season, he has a shot at passing Ovechkin's mark. He does get a lot of his assists on passing to Crosby who scores, however. And Ovi does seem to be a more frequent scorer than Malkin, so he might pass his own rookie mark.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/23/2007 12:02:15
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  15:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I'd like to see Malkin without Crosby.

Ya, I would too. But Malkin and Crosby are different lines and only play together on the powerplay.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Go to Top of Page

guinman
Top Prospect

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  23:57:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-

Ya if Crosby wasn't on his team he'd probably have like 30-40 points. But back to topic i think he will get about 90-100 points but not better than Ovechkin.

Actually I'd disagree with that. First off: Malkin actually outscored Ovechkin in the Russian Elite league by about 13 pts in 45-6 games in their respective last yr. of pro in Russia. Having said that Malkin played 1 more year than OV and that makes a big difference. I'm sure Ov easily would have posted like stats to Malkin had he stayed one more season. I'm not saying this to say one guys better than the other but more to show you how good Malkin actually is on his own.

Malkin is the real deal. I don't think his point totals would be much different if he played in Wash. instead of OV. I've watched every game Malkin's played in the NHL and I can assure you than he stands out on his own on his own line in most games. Check out the off-wing one timer slapper goal from the goal line against the Capitals I believe - Wow!

I'd say what your seeing developing in Pittsburgh is a 1-2 punch reminiscent of Jagr and Lemieux. I can assure you that Malkin's the real deal. Maybe if you watched a few Penguin games you might change your mind. As a longtime Penguin fan I can say I'm pretty excited to have Malkin on the team. That Jordan Staal kid really is underappreciated. Man that kid's good. He's almost 3 yrs younger than Malkin!

Edited by - guinman on 02/21/2007 20:10:39
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  12:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malkin actually leads the Pens in goals, not Sid. Crosby gets most of his points on assists, Malkin is the better scorer. It seems the player with the most points on a team (who's usually a great player) gets more assists than goals--it's like that on the Sabres too; Briere leads the team in points but Drury leads in goals.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page