Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Leafs winning streak Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  15:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Will the Toronto Maple Leafs win their 5th game in a row or will they break their streak against the New York Islanders?

Choices:

They will have a 5 game winning streak
They will break their streak
Undecided

Edited by - willus3 on 10/18/2010 20:47:53

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  15:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they are going to beat the New York Islanders and have a 5 game winning streak.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  18:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha . . . love it, 8 votes, all against the Isles. lol

It's funny, but usually games like this - Tues night, against a dud team expected to have a non-playoff season, non rival - are the toughest to have a great effort for. As poor as the Isles may be in some areas, they can be dangerous, so normally I would be very nervous against a team like this . . . usually streaks are broken by these kinds of teams, not the top ones for some reason.

But for some strange reason, although it's only been 4 games to get a feel for this team, I have a feeling they may pull one out against the Isles as well. Confidence is everything. Tavares is sucking so far, their defence is weak, and the goaltending has been very mediocre.

As long as the Leafs play a solid defence, they win . . . I think.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  18:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They will probably win in ot. Again >.<
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  18:42:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, totally agree that these are the kinds of games which can end little streaks like the one the Leafs are on. Still think TO will win, but certainly wouldn't shock me if they didn't?

As for Tavares, "sucking so far" is a little strong IMO. He's only played 2 games after suffering a mild concussion. Got his first goal the other night...
Go to Top of Page

Guest4350
( )

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  11:50:47  Reply with Quote
John T's first and only this year was an empty netter...
Go to Top of Page

Guest9341
( )

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  12:43:40  Reply with Quote
a goal is a goal
Go to Top of Page

Guest2901
( )

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  12:57:22  Reply with Quote
I don't believe the Leafs will win this one, but if they do, it will be in OT.

By the way, I think the Islanders deserve more credit: an injury plagued season already, yet they have lost only one game in regulation, and that was 1-2 vs. WAS. Their other two losses were in shootout.

So, I think the streak will end here.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  12:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops, GUEST2901 is me.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  14:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the leafs win tonight their streak should go to 6 games..NYR thurs night at home, should be a win for the leafs. The game against philly sat night coming will be a tough one ( IF ) they get to six. Once your on a roll who knows, seems like their confidence is growing. Goal-tending will tell the tale !!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  19:01:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it's done. And the Leafs played quite well overall, but Rollie the goalie can still play . . . man, did he ever win the game for them tonight.

2 called back goals (one legitimate, one incorrect), numerous big saves, a couple of goalposts, and at least three total misses by Versteeg on glorious chances (he is what we call "cold" right now). Oi.

Kessel got them a point though, so nothing to be too ashamed of.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  19:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Called it.

Wasn't too sure before the game, but the so-called "law of averages" was bound to catch up with the leafs team.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  19:58:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's funny, but usually games like this - Tues night, against a dud team expected to have a non-playoff season, non rival - are the toughest to have a great effort for. As poor as the Isles may be in some areas, they can be dangerous, so normally I would be very nervous against a team like this . . . usually streaks are broken by these kinds of teams, not the top ones for some reason.

I wonder if the Isles were saying the same thing about having to face the Leafs

Guest2901, I agree - the Isles have quietly put together a very strong start to the year, and are now tied - with the Leafs, PIT and TB - for top spot in the conference (albeit having played 2 more games), with a 4-1-2 record. Who would have predicted this nearly 2 weeks into the season?

One has to wonder if one, or both of these teams are for real this year. Could make for an interesting Eastern Conference if the predicted bottom-feeders are in fact not.

Edited by - nuxfan on 10/18/2010 19:58:43
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  23:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Credit the Leafs for fighting back and stealing a point. Didn't see ANY of it as it wasn't available here (somewhat surprising)?

I did notice in the box score that that Tavares guys who's apparently off to a brutal start (or whatever the quote was) continued to struggle with just a GWG and an assist?
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  13:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tavares played a good game, beauty shot for the OT winner. I swear there was exactly enough space over Giguere's shoulder for a puck.

Leafs are as fast and as tenacious as i've ever seen them. They should have won this game at least 3-1 if it werent for some bad breaks and amazing saves by Roloson. The leafs carried the play almost the entire game.

Im really liking what im seeing from them this year, last year really really hurt, and im scared to get my hopes up again but its starting to look like playoffs are a legitamite possibility.

F'n right.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest2394
( )

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  13:27:44  Reply with Quote
Well the leafs had lost the game in Ot. To bad so sad. Broke their streak. The Dallas Stars also broke their streak, so every team lost a game now this year now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page